What's for Saturday's Dinner, 10/29??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

I have a couple hot dogs, couple Spinach wraps, some Pasta salad, so guess that's going to be dinner.

We're in Ellensburg for a few days - Roy wants to find somewhere to fish that isn't catch and release. Man, I hate that!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 10/29?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Thinking maybe spaghetti and meatballs. Does anybody else use Dreamfields? I'm sure not crazy about it, but it beats not eating pasta at all.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 10/29?? by Mare749 (Thinking maybe spagh...)
Maryann we use Dreamfields a lot. Actually we really like it. One big thing - the rotini & penne need to be a little undercooked for salads - they tend to absorb a lot of moisture and can get a little soggy. Otherwise we actually like it better in most cases.

I thawed out some skirt steak - I'm seeing a nice Asian marinade and some rice and a stir fry veggie. Unless I have to work this afternoon/evening.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 10/29?? by Mare749 (Thinking maybe spagh...)
Barilla makes some wheat pasta. It's pretty good. I don't exactly let the Hubby know and he doesn't notice the diff.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 10/29?? by BarbaraS (Barilla makes some w...)
James has requested "Something with shrimp, and make it Italian" So, of course I shall fulfill his request.....tough to be me, right? LOL
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 10/29?? by farnfam (James has requested ...)
We are jerking a feral hog tenderloin and serving with an island salsa.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 10/29?? by Old Bay (We are jerking a fer...)
Grilling rib eyes tonight. But really hankering for beef stroganoff which I haven't had in years so that might be tomorrow nights dinner
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 10/29?? by DFen911 (Grilling rib eyes to...)
Grilled steelhead salmon, brussel sprouts and roasted red potatoes. Not sure how I'm going to prepare the brussel sprouts.

Anyone have any suggestions? I've only made them twice (what took me so long to make them?) and I think I remember using bacon and balsamic vinegar.
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 10/29?? by Trixxee (Grilled steelhead sa...)
Balsamic and bacon sound good to me. A nice butter sauce is good too, but can lost in a strong flavor menu. I'd go with the Balsamic and bacon combo
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 10/29?? by farnfam (Balsamic and bacon s...)
I have no idea. Everyone's dinners sound so good.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.