Our Old Friend's Birthday - Tomorrow, 12/9
  Re: (...)
and, he is missed as much today as ever. Been thinking about him all week long.

[Image: LASTPARTYONTHEHILL.jpg]
Billy, Sharon, June, me, Trace, Kelly (Kelly used to come on here and was our neighbor)

Continued RIP, Billy J - darn, you were too young.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Our Old Friend's Birthday - Tomorrow, 12/9 by cjs (and, he is missed as...)
He's been on our minds all week too. He is still so missed and so loved. His old phone "butt dialed" me again a couple weeks ago - I wonder if he'll call tomorrow! I still miss him so much.

I think I'll finally make his Chicken Breasts with Paprika Cream tomorrow night.

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Our Old Friend's Birthday - Tomorrow, 12/9 by Harborwitch (He's been on our min...)
Great picture for some great memories.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Our Old Friend's Birthday - Tomorrow, 12/9 by labradors (Great picture for so...)
That is a great picture! I was unpacking stuff yesterday ( as I have been every day ), and came across his tye dyed towels, the beautiful wooden spoons he gave me, and the cookbook Jean did in his memory. I kind of felt out of sorts looking at them, now I know why.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Our Old Friend's Birthday - Tomorrow, 12/9 by Lorraine (That is a great pict...)
Oh Billy...how I miss you and how I will miss living near you and how I so looked forward to that.
  Re: Re: Our Old Friend's Birthday - Tomorrow, 12/9 by DFen911 (Oh Billy...how I mis...)
Denise, I think about that everytime we go thru your area - how much he would have loved being so close to you and Derek!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Our Old Friend's Birthday - Tomorrow, 12/9 by cjs (Denise, I think abou...)
I love that picture. You all look so happy together. How fortunate you are to have those memories. I have the tie-dyed towels too. They always make me smile, but also a little sad. I wish that I had met Billy in person like so many others had the opportunity.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Our Old Friend's Birthday - Tomorrow, 12/9 by DFen911 (Oh Billy...how I mis...)
Quote:

Oh Billy...how I miss you and how I will miss living near you and how I so looked forward to that.

Once we're all up here we'll have to get together now and again near that winery and tip a bottle or two of that Pinot Noir that he turned us on to (the one we had the night you two came over for dinner.

A funny little memory - since we'd never met Billy until that party he had told me that I would recognize him because he'd be "resplendent in raspberry". . . and he was!

For our friend: cookedafloat.blogspot.com
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Our Old Friend's Birthday - Tomorrow, 12/9 by cjs (and, he is missed as...)
Wonderful picture. Happy Birthday, dear friend, we all miss and love you. Somehow I know you are in a wonderful place, looking down and reading this thread

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Our Old Friend's Birthday - Tomorrow, 12/9 by pjcooks (Wonderful picture. ...)
Happy birthday, Billy! We miss you so much.

Great picture, Jean!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.