Random thoughts - before they go public
  Re: (...)
I've, evidently, had too much time on my hands - too much fun on Facebook, and too much time sitting with the heating pad on my back. I've made a discovery and had some fun!

Fun first; there are a lot of fun pages on Facebook and although I have no idea how I found it - Tabasco Nation is a ball. If you join you get to take challenges which usually consist of simple "either-or" questions or upload pictures of things with Tabasco. There's a new photo challenge every week and 7 dailies - those dailies frequently have some really interesting ideas using the different flavors of Tabasco. You can also enter the number of drops of the different flavors you have each day. All of those things earn you points. So far I've gotten a $2 off coupon, a 6 pack of the little bottles of Tabasco, and yesterday a bottle of their family Reserve ($24.95 retail value) all for free. I'm just 4,500 points from a free gallon jug of Tabasco!!!

I just thought I'd throw that one out there - it's kind of fun (and I see Theresa there now and then!).

Next - CHEW I don't know if any of you have found this yet - here it's on at 12:00 in the afternoon on ABC! It's kind of a fun show, I really wanted to see yesterdays but people kept calling me and I forgot to hit the "record" button. I think I'm going to start recording the series! It's a little fast paced sometimes, but a fun format.

Just thought I'd share those! Oh - BTW - did I mention we made the Salt & Vinegar Potatoes and everyone just absolutely LOVED them!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Random thoughts - before they go public by Harborwitch (I've, evidently, had...)
Well, isn't this a fun post! Thanks, Sharon! I will be checking out the FB page and Chew. Still haven't made the potatoes yet, but they are now on the top of the list.

Hope your back is feeling better now that you had a chance to sit down for a few minutes.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Random thoughts - before they go public by Mare749 (Well, isn't this a f...)
It's better - if I remember to take the Dr's instructions to heart.

In the Pro shop today but it's not real busy.
  Re: Re: Random thoughts - before they go public by Harborwitch (It's better - if I r...)
Those potatoes are making the rounds as the Pineapple thing did a year or so ago... what was that? a breakfast dish???? bread pudding???? crap, can't remember.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Random thoughts - before they go public by cjs (Those potatoes are m...)
Speaking of FB...I do not get the new layouts. They are so darn confusing to me.
  Re: Re: Random thoughts - before they go public by cjs (Those potatoes are m...)
Pineapple crisp!

Did I mention my screwing around with the apple cheddar bread pudding???? That was so much fun, involved unfrosted cinnamon rolls, eggnog, and apples. slurp!
  Re: Re: Random thoughts - before they go public by Harborwitch (Pineapple crisp![br]...)
Oh, Jean! How could you forget the Pineapple Crisp! Williams's favorite dessert to date!

I've seen the Chew a time or two and enjoyed it.

I've got to check out the Tabasco site. William LOVES the stuff!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Random thoughts - before they go public by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, Jean! How could...)
We are so tickled with our Reserve bottle - it's at least 3 year old, perhaps some of it is as much as 8! Very rich and WOW!
  Re: Re: Random thoughts - before they go public by Harborwitch (We are so tickled wi...)
The pineapple crisp is one of Ron's favorite's too! I haven't made it for a while, but it's probably time to do that again.

Finally made the vinegar potatoes tonight. Wow, they were really good! I think they are Ron's new favorite.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Random thoughts - before they go public by Mare749 (The pineapple crisp ...)
Two good favorites!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.