What's for Dinner, Thursday, 12/29??
  Re: (...)
Geez, can you believe it's the 29th already?????? What's on the menu for today??

We're having some black bean chili, BUT NO CORNBREAD!! I keep telling myself when I make Burr's I'll freeze most of it and dole it out. No way, I can not stay out of it with melted butter and honey - running down my arm good!! we'll have some crackers.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 12/29?? by cjs (Geez, can you believ...)
Tonight it's Ham & potato chowder with Orange and red onion salad.

I'm also making some goodies for my wife to take to work tomorrow- Smoked salmon crostini and from the new issue Chocolate truffle cheesecake with turtle sauce.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 12/29?? by losblanos1 (Tonight it's Ham & p...)
Last week we had a change of plans one night (ie, too lazy to cook so got takeout) so I never made Labs' sun dried tomato cream sauce. So I'll do that with chicken and serve over a little angel hair. I also never made my red swiss chard on Christmas Day (should have never started with the mimosas) and it still looks fresh enough so I'll saute that.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 12/29?? by losblanos1 (Tonight it's Ham & p...)
Blane, you make me itch to be retired! You cook some spectacular stuff!

Dinner is in the air right now. Something simple I imagine.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 12/29?? by Gourmet_Mom (Blane, you make me i...)
Now that I got out the Cuisine Lite, I'm thinking that the Chicken Roulade with Creamy Orzo is looking pretty good right now.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 12/29?? by Mare749 (Now that I got out t...)
Maryann - I've made the chicken roulades before and they were very good. I actually first found the recipe on foodfiend's blog. I notice it's under the 30 minute section - double that time!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 12/29?? by Gourmet_Mom (Blane, you make me i...)
Thank you Daphne! I'm not retired quite yet, I have to go back to work on the 3rd (I'm on a Christmas break).
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 12/29?? by losblanos1 (Thank you Daphne! I'...)
Oh, do you teach?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 12/29?? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, do you teach?...)
No, I just have a great job with excellent benefits. By the way I've added Ham, cheese & apple toasts to my menu.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 12/29?? by losblanos1 (No, I just have a gr...)
Change of plans, my personal shopper took too darn long at the store, so the chili won't be ready for tonight. So, he did bring home two beautiful Portabellos and 2 Kaiser rolls, so burgers here!!

Also, brought home 4 ~4-oz. lobster tails - I don't think I've every cooked any this small. May be a challenge.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com