Monday, 1/2/12 - What's for Dinner?
  Re: (...)
Here we go again - what's on the menu for everyone?

Leftovers here, I've got lots of dibs and dabs in the frig. Plus I want to do a loaf of bread with another 24 hours of aging. 18 hour bread I started on Friday.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday, 1/2/12 - What's for Dinner? by cjs (Here we go again - w...)
From Cuisine at home 1998- Braised Short ribs with Bourguignon sauce. Side dishes of chive buttermilk mashed potatoes and asparagus.
  Re: Re: Monday, 1/2/12 - What's for Dinner? by losblanos1 (From Cuisine at home...)
I have a lot of ham leftover from New Year's Day dinner. Looking through cookbooks for some ideas of what to do with it. I've started a rice/ham/peas side salad so far.
  Re: Re: Monday, 1/2/12 - What's for Dinner? by losblanos1 (From Cuisine at home...)
For us, it will be a repeat of yesterday: braised pork shoulder, smoked sausage, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes, applesauce, and homemade rolls. The glazed carrots and Jean's Onion Gratin (very good!)are gone.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday, 1/2/12 - What's for Dinner? by Mare749 (For us, it will be a...)
A simple roasted chicken here with gravy, Uncle Ben's white rice (love rice and gravy) and a salad. I might get really crazy and open a can of corn too. Tomorrow will do something with the leftover chicken - probably chicken noodle soup or white chicken chili.

One of my NY resolutions is to waste less food and also be smarter about my food budget. We've got some big ticket items coming up so budgeting is a priority. We need new tires for the RV. Any fellow campers here have any idea of price ranges? We are just now starting to look into it. (Sorry, off topic)!
  Re: Re: Monday, 1/2/12 - What's for Dinner? by Trixxee (A simple roasted chi...)
RV tires? Yup, there goes a big chunk of food $$$$
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday, 1/2/12 - What's for Dinner? by cjs (RV tires? Yup, there...)
I'm finally feeling human again, so I'm cooking more than mac & cheese or leftover chili for the first time in almost a week. Tonight We're having chicken mole enchiladas, and I'm going to use my new toy -- a sous vide demi -- to cook the chicken with a tequila marinade. I hope we like it!
  Re: Re: Monday, 1/2/12 - What's for Dinner? by cjs (RV tires? Yup, there...)
Quote:

RV tires? Yup, there goes a big chunk of food $$$$

Yup! They only have 10,000 miles on them but they have 11 years of element wear on them. I won't take it on another trip until it is safe to drive.
  Re: Re: Monday, 1/2/12 - What's for Dinner? by karyn (I'm finally feeling ...)
Glad you are finally on the mend, Karyn! What a shame that it's time to go back to school already. Dinner sounds just yummy!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday, 1/2/12 - What's for Dinner? by Trixxee ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
What kind of RV do you have???? We had to buy new tires for ours - we were lucky we can use light truck tires (8 tires total). We bought ours from Tirerack.com and they were reasonable - excellent tires.

Tonight is leftovers from last night. I might have to add a vegge but we've got lots of goodies!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!