What's for Dinner, Wed., 1/4??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

I'm going to grill a few Hawaiian beef strips (some folks call them Flanken strips ? I think) and corn pudding. Have a new salad dressing to play with also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 1/4?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm making a thai chicken salad with a peanut dressing. I wasn't wild about the peanut dressing that goes with the salad the last time I made it (too much coconut milk vs. peanut flavor) so will look for a a new dressing.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 1/4?? by Trixxee (I'm making a thai ch...)
The Cacciatore Butter-Stuffed Chicken from the new issue is calling my name, but I'm thinking of skipping the frying step and just bake them instead. Also, a whole stick of butter in the filling is delicious, I'm sure, but can't do that either. Hmmm...what to do....
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 1/4?? by Mare749 (The Cacciatore Butte...)
I'm adapting the Korean "BBQd" Beef (Bulgogi) from new issue, page13 to my beef strips along with the Korean Chilii sauce, but I'm not doing the rice bowl this time, but will serve rice with it.

Trixxee, hope you find a dressing you like. I have a couple that I like fine, but not great, so will continue the search, too.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 1/4?? by cjs (I'm adapting the Kor...)
Tonight it's the Taco pie from the new issue.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 1/4?? by cjs (I'm adapting the Kor...)
Quote:

Trixxee, hope you find a dressing you like. I have a couple that I like fine, but not great, so will continue the search, too.

Jean - I went with this one and really like it! I inadvertently left out the garlic but with the sriacha sauce I don't think it's crucial. It's pretty garlicky as is.

http://www.ourbestbites.com/2009/07/thai...-dressing/