Korean Rice Bowl/"Barbecued" Beef Review issue #91
  Re: (...)
This was a nice surprise. I'm don't care for beef that much, but since Ron does, it's something that I work into a meal once in a while. This is one dish that we both agreed we would want to have again.

The flavor of the marinated beef was great, (I let it sit for a couple of hours in the frig) and the vegetables and rice made a nice presentation. I did most of my prep early in the day, so it was quick and easy to cook up the veggies, then the meat, while the rice was cooking.

There are enough veggies leftover to have for lunch tomorrow with the fried egg on top. We both gave this dish a solid 9!

[Image: KoreanBulgogi.jpg]

OMG, I just realized that I forgot the sesame seeds on top.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Korean Rice Bowl/"Barbecued" Beef Review issue #91 by Mare749 (This was a nice surp...)
Thanks for the review, now I want to try this, but gonna wait till I can taste things right again
  Re: Re: Korean Rice Bowl/"Barbecued" Beef Review issue #91 by DFen911 (Thanks for the revie...)
thanks Maryann - will be tryng this one soon.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Korean Rice Bowl/"Barbecued" Beef Review issue #91 by cjs (thanks Maryann - wil...)
Count me in, looks delicious. Great job on the plating & photo.
  Re: Re: Korean Rice Bowl/"Barbecued" Beef Review issue #91 by losblanos1 (Count me in, looks d...)
I'll be trying it, but with my own Korean Beef (Bulgogi) recipe? I'll think about it. I've tried four and still prefer mine.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Korean Rice Bowl/"Barbecued" Beef Review issue #91 by Gourmet_Mom (I'll be trying it, b...)
I have this in mind to try. Thanx for the review and photo!
  Re: Re: Korean Rice Bowl/"Barbecued" Beef Review issue #91 by HomeCulinarian (I have this in mind ...)
Nice picture! Looks delicious.
  Re: Re: Korean Rice Bowl/"Barbecued" Beef Review issue #91 by Trixxee (Nice picture! Looks...)
Thanks for the review. I've got this planned for Monday night. If I do the prep tomorrow, I'm hoping it will go together quickly after work. I'm looking forward to it!
  Re: Re: Korean Rice Bowl/"Barbecued" Beef Review issue #91 by karyn (Thanks for the revie...)
I hope you like it as much as we did, Karyn. Don't be afraid to marinate your meat overnight if you want to. I've done it before with other dishes and it's just fine. I thought the dish came together pretty fast once all the prep was done.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Korean Rice Bowl/"Barbecued" Beef Review issue #91 by Mare749 (I hope you like it a...)
Thanks, Maryann, for this review. I'll be doing this Tuesday. I plan on using skirt steak, my favorite for marinating-it can soak all day with no problem. I'm not a fan of sirloin. Did you serve it with the Korean chili sauce? I don't want to invest in miso, not having many uses for it. Maybe my chef will give me a TB or 2...

PJ
PJ