Haven't Talked About SuperBowl, 2012???
  Re: (...)
Has anyone got a menu in place yet? I just love all the junk food we eat on this Sunday!!!!

Guess it's time for ideas.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Haven't Talked About SuperBowl, 2012??? by cjs (Has anyone got a men...)
We are having a Superbowl party this year. On the menu for me is Jamaican Lime Chicken Wings, Edamame Dip and Chips, and a sandwich I make in the crock pot. Men LOVE it.

In the crock pot I put a large 6 lb chuck roast and cover it with a large bottle of salsa. Cook 7-8 hours. Shred the beef and return to crock pot juices. The salsa does not make it spicy, the 'heat' cooks out. Just tons of flavor. Then I serve it on rolls with pepper jack cheese. This year I found a cheese at Sam's called Three Alarm Co-Jack (chipotle, habenaro, jalapeno). The sandwiches are a bit on the juicy side, but oh so good.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Haven't Talked About SuperBowl, 2012??? by luvnit (We are having a Supe...)
Oh my, Laura - I'd love to duplicate your menu completely. Sounds so good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Haven't Talked About SuperBowl, 2012??? by cjs (Oh my, Laura - I'd l...)
Your menu sounds really good, Laura! Will have to try that roast recipe; our guys will love that one.

We don't have the final touches on the S.B. menu just yet. Big competition going on between my girls. The loser has to host and cook the Super Bowl food. Personally, I don't care who hosts it, I just like to make up some goodies and show up for the food!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Haven't Talked About SuperBowl, 2012??? by Mare749 (Your menu sounds rea...)
Since I have such an unhealthy love for my Patriots, I insist on watching the game alone at home. Will most likely do a big lunch that day and then nervously snack my way through the game. I need a robot that will fetch food and beer. I haven't been successful in teaching that trick to the cats yet ;-)
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Haven't Talked About SuperBowl, 2012??? by chef_Tab (Since I have such an...)
Iit's a work day for us, so I guess it will be leftovers.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Haven't Talked About SuperBowl, 2012??? by Lorraine (Iit's a work day for...)
So far we are making Bahama Breeze Jamaican ribs. Haven't gotten any further than that though I'm sure coleslaw will also be served. Need more than that!

We have been invited to the annual party at my best friend's house but that always, always, always turns into crazy nuttiness and I just can't do crazy nuttiness on a Sunday anymore. Wish they played the Superbowl on Saturdays so people could decently recover.
  Re: Re: Haven't Talked About SuperBowl, 2012??? by Trixxee (So far we are making...)
Quote:

So far we are making Bahama Breeze Jamaican ribs. Haven't gotten any further than that though I'm sure coleslaw will also be served. Need more than that!

Recipe please? We haven't had ribs in ages. and I can smell the lime in this one.

I was also going to make stuffed jalapeno peppers wrapped in bacon, but I just cannot find that recipe right now. And I can remember where I scoffed it from. It caught my eye as it was originally called "Atomic Buffalo Turds" and I'm thinking my local paper, but I'm also thinking another recipe site.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Haven't Talked About SuperBowl, 2012??? by BarbaraS ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I agree, Trixxee - don't know how many Monday's we were really hurting!!

Since we're not going to a party this year, I think I'll just play with some recipes. Maybe some mini-subs/sandwiches kinda things.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Haven't Talked About SuperBowl, 2012??? by BarbaraS ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Barbara I think that's Smokingmeat.com - I'll have to check - it's bookmarked on Bob's computer, not mine.

I have been working on Chad for a SuperBowl Party down there. I've got jalapenos left that we could stuff and cook, lots of beans (bean dip?), and lots of tortillas and guacamole left. Otherwise I'll make some of that sardine pate, grab some crackers, and ????? I'll have to see what happens.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!