Valentine's Day Dinner!!!
  Re: (...)
Wow, I almost forgot it's almost here - 12 mmore days. Has anyone decided what they are making or having made?????

One thing I almost always do, is a flourless chocolate cake or one of the liquid ones, but other than that....hmmmmmm

Ideas needed.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Valentine's Day Dinner!!! by cjs (Wow, I almost forgot...)
Haven't decided on a dinner menu just yet, but have picked the dessert. After Trixxee's suggestion to look at Bobby Flay's "Mesa Grill Cookbook" I found a recipe for a molten cake that sounded yummy. It's called "Warm Chocolate Cakes with Dulce de Leche."
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Valentine's Day Dinner!!! by Mare749 (Haven't decided on a...)
My favorite dessert for Valentine's day!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Valentine's Day Dinner!!! by cjs (My favorite dessert ...)
Well, we'll be away again for Valentine's, it's our anniversary. We've booked an all day lesson at The Little Mexican Cooking School, and are really looking forward to it. I can come back and report the whole thing if you'd like or you can check it out here: http://thelittlemexicancookingschool.com/ So excited!!!
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Valentine's Day Dinner!!! by farnfam (Well, we'll be away ...)
Are you going to the same place Cis?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Valentine's Day Dinner!!! by Mare749 (Are you going to the...)
Going to Isla Mujeres but first Puerto Morelos. Love the whole area really
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Valentine's Day Dinner!!! by farnfam (Going to Isla Mujere...)
Oh Cis, that sounds wonderful!!! Please report back with everything you learn.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Valentine's Day Dinner!!! by farnfam (Going to Isla Mujere...)
Fun fun fun, Cis! Have a wonderful time!

Not sure about dinner yet-I know baked stuffed shrimp are there some where, maybe porcini rubbed ribeyes. We'll celebrate on the 13th-Picky Jr has a b-ball game the next day.

We've now been together so long I can start recycling all those cards I've given him throughout the years Did you know the average V-Day card is $7 now

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Valentine's Day Dinner!!! by pjcooks (Fun fun fun, Cis! H...)
I was just thinking the same thing PJ. Still have one in the china cabinet, it's black and red and matches the kitchen so well, I've left it there for a few years now. I still really like it
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Valentine's Day Dinner!!! by farnfam (I was just thinking ...)
Something relatively simple as it still is a school night for us with lots of homework. Maybe a grilled filet and a loaded baked potato?