I Have Never Made...
  Re: (...)
a milkshake!! Can you believe that? Last night in the middle of dinner (soup and soda crackers) as I was eating a soda cracker, I remembered how much I loved them with chocolate milkshakes as a kid and teenager.

So, if you make them, what would make the very best chocolate milkshake in the world?? I want to do this.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: I Have Never Made... by cjs (a milkshake!! Can yo...)
I think the biggest key is to use much more ice cream than you think you need. A good milkshake uses a lot of ice cream. Not a time to be concerned with calories or you might as well skip it.

Sometimes I add a little bit of the Starbucks instant coffee powder to a milkshake. Mocha = yum.
  Re: Re: I Have Never Made... by Trixxee (I think the biggest ...)
Yes, a little espresso powder!! I would be using frozen yogurt - I haven't bought ice cream in 20 years.

Since I'm so crazy about Hershey's cocoa flavor in baked goods, I'm thinking a deep chocolate sauce using it as the flavor would be really good!?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: I Have Never Made... by cjs (Yes, a little espres...)
A little Ibarra Mexican chocolate with a splash of Kahlua? You've now got me thinking of milkshakes.
  Re: Re: I Have Never Made... by losblanos1 (A little Ibarra Mexi...)
Ibarra: great stuff!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: I Have Never Made... by labradors (Ibarra: great stuff!...)
Ibarra, hmmm, yes would be good.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: I Have Never Made... by cjs (Yes, a little espres...)
Jean I always liked a chocolate malt. I worked as a soda jerk for a while in high school. A malt or milk shake was a quarter, a sundae was fifty cents, and a banana split was seventy five cents. Also you could go to a movie with a quarter--9 cents admission, a nickle bag of popcorn, a nickel coke and a nickel pickle with change.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: I Have Never Made... by Old Bay (Jean I always liked ...)
My mother always ordered chocolate malts while my sis and I always got chocolate shakes, don't know why I never really cared for the malts.

(I remember prices like that, also! )
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: I Have Never Made... by Old Bay (Jean I always liked ...)
Quote:

Jean I always liked a chocolate malt. I worked as a soda jerk for a while in high school. A malt or milk shake was a quarter, a sundae was fifty cents, and a banana split was seventy five cents. Also you could go to a movie with a quarter--9 cents admission, a nickle bag of popcorn, a nickel coke and a nickel pickle with change.

If you got caught with a nickel bag and a nickel of coke, nowadays, you'd be in big trouble!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: I Have Never Made... by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Bill, I'm not too far behind those prices! Makes me feel old....LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.