What's for Dinner, Tues. 2/7??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

We're making a Costco run, so will stop at Applebee's and try the Oriental salad. I've made the knock off dressing reicpe and I want to compare them.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tues. 2/7?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I have some chicken thawing. We'll see how Bob feels this afternoon. He's having an endoscopic exam this am, and he might be more interested in soup or something soft. Just have to play it by ear.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues. 2/7?? by Harborwitch (I have some chicken ...)
I'm making Sauteed Scallops with Asparagus from the book I got at the library, "Easy Chinese Recipes." It looks nice and light, but very flavorful ingredients.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues. 2/7?? by Mare749 (I'm making Sauteed S...)
I'm going to throw two very large bone-in breasts in the crockpot with Mexican seasonings/salsa/lime juice. I never use bone-in pieces in the crockpot but am going to try it since they were about 1/4 of the price per pound than boneless. I will pull the skin off though.

I've really been using this idea of Erin's a lot in the last few months. So versatile and easy.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues. 2/7?? by Mare749 (I'm making Sauteed S...)
Haven't had scallops in ages, and love them! I'll be at Tuesday's Table working tonight. If I'm not home too late, I have all the mixings for a great stir fry (Napa Cabbage, Fresh sprouts, shredded carrots, marinated chicken, fresh daikon etc etc etc). If I'm home too late, he'll probably make himself meatball subs.

Eddited to add, this time last year we were probably doing 350 meals a week. Last week we did 527. It seems things are gettings worse around here. Some Churches are dropping about, simply because they can't afford to provide that many meals.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues. 2/7?? by Lorraine (Haven't had scallops...)
That's a lot of meals, Lorraine. You must get people that travel a bit to get there for a meal. I've noticed the same thing around here, that some of the churches have had to discontinue their meal programs, but sometimes they just combine with a few of their neighboring churches to pool resources so they can continue the food banks and hot meals.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues. 2/7?? by Mare749 (That's a lot of meal...)
Wow, Lorraine - that is amazing.

I feel almost guity to feel so good about my run to Costco and the shelves of my freezer that are going to be full. Pork, chicken, beef...oh my, nothing like having a stockpile.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues. 2/7?? by cjs (Wow, Lorraine - that...)
Tonight it's Pasta e Fagioli with a Salami-apple-gruyere bruschetta.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues. 2/7?? by losblanos1 (Tonight it's Pasta e...)
You guys have convinced me to order this publication!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues. 2/7?? by Trixxee (You guys have convin...)
We had a chicken stir-fry. It was tasty, but not memorable.