Big Trouble!!
  Re: (...)
Tracie Lee just called me and asked if I would get on Food network and get a recipe that Paula Deen is/was making. Her computer is down or something - anyway, GOOD LORD! this is what she wanted...

Chocolate Sybil Cake - Paula Deen

Cake:
1/2 cup butter -- (1 stick) softened
1 cup sugar
4 eggs
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 can chocolate syrup (recommended: Hershey's) -- (16-ounce)
-------
Frosting:
1/2 cup butter -- (1 stick)
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup evaporated milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 13 by 9 by 2-inch pan.

For the cake: Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together in another bowl. Add to creamed mixture, continuing to beat. Add vanilla and chocolate syrup to batter and mix well. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Just before cake is done, prepare frosting.

For the frosting: Put butter, chocolate chips, sugar and evaporated milk in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Stirring ingredients together, boil for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and nuts. Pour over warm cake.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A WHOLE CAN OF HERSHEY'S CHOCOLATE SYRUP!
she says she's making it for the kids and her drivers, but we'll see. This just sounds so terribly good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Big Trouble!! by cjs (Tracie Lee just call...)
Good gracious! Let me know what she thinks. At least I think I want to know. Half a pound of butter, too?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Big Trouble!! by Gourmet_Mom (Good gracious! Let ...)
Wow. Yes, that could be big trouble! Sounds delish.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."