T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 3/2??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu today?

I need to take inventory - maybe I'll get inspiration from you all.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 3/2?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
We're having garlic shrimp linguine. (thanks, Jean, I just love your method for cooking shrimp!) Will probably have asparagus for a side if it's still reasonably priced. Dessert will be a girl scout cookie.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
We're getting take-away from this food truck that will be at one of the local high schools tonight. It's supposed to be pretty good. Not sure what we will get - will have to find out what the specials are first. I am hoping they have duck confit tamales that are often a special.

http://www.tacomaria.com/menu/
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 3/2?? by Trixxee (We're getting take-a...)
Quote:

I am hoping they have duck confit tamales that are often a special.

When can you guys come and pick me up to join you?

If the whole chicken I have is sufficiently thawed, I'll be roasting it with the "Indian Tandoori Grilling Rub" that Denise sent in my Secret-Santa package. If not, then I'll do that tomorrow.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 3/2?? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Oh Trixxee and Maryann, you have me drooling now. I may go with the garlic shrimp linguine also. Been a while.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 3/2?? by cjs (Oh Trixxee and Marya...)
I'm pretty excited about it! I don't recall ever having duck confit but I know you guys have talked about it.

Both the shrimp linguine and tandoori chicken sound awfully good.

What is Jean's method for cooking shrimp inquiring minds want to know?
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 3/2?? by Trixxee (I'm pretty excited a...)
Oh Trixxee, you are in for such a treat!!! From the menu link of yours - what's not to love??

QUESADILLA de TUÉTANO
crispy bone marrow quesadilla, queso oaxaca, herbs & garlic al molcajete $8

TOSTADAS de CANGREJO
fresh dungeness crab salad with shrimp, black lime aoili, avocado & tostadas $10

-----
Now, what is black lime aioli (misspelled on menu ) pray tell??? Sounds delicious - both!!

Here's my recipe for oven-roasted garlic shrimp - and please believe the times in the recipe, they work (unless you have like "U 5s" or something...

Garlic Roasted Shrimp

For the shrimp:
1 lb. shrimp, cleaned and peeled, leaving tails attached
3 - 5 cloves garlic, minced
2 T. EVO
Kosher salt & cracked black pepper

Preheat oven to 450°. On a heavy baking sheet mix together the garlic, olive oil , salt and pepper; add the cleaned shrimp and toss all together gently.

Spread out in a single layer. Roast for 3 min, turn shrimp over & continue roasting till the shrimp are opaque and firm, another 2-4 min. Don't roast any longer than 4 additional minutes.

Transfer shrimp to a shallow dish, cover partially & refrigerate. (be sure to scrape the bottom of the b. sheet and add to the shrimp. Refrigerate until chilled.
----
I have served these on buffets and also just scraped onto freshly cooked pasta. (sprinkle on a little Asiago or Parmigiano-Reggiano and dinner is ready.
www.achefsjourney.com
Take out of some kind. I had to work from 10:30 last night until 9 today and only got a couple hours' sleep since. Ugh. I'm not even going to go out to do the weekly shopping today - too tired.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 3/2?? by BarbaraS (Take out of some kin...)
Not really sure yet, but it will involve sweet italian sausage, peppers and stuffing.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 3/2?? by DFen911 (Not really sure yet,...)
Oh Denise, have you ever done Roberto's Sausage dish?????????????? It is wonderful!!!
www.achefsjourney.com