OT--Wine tasting at the grocery store
  Re: (...)
We have a liquor store inside our Giant Eagle with a wine shop just outside of it. It's kind of it's own private section of the store and very convenient. So, I'm rolling through there today to pick up a box of Peter Vella and see a table is set up for wine tasting. They had several different bottles on it with a sign that said "wine tasting 4-7 p.m.--$.25"

Wouldn't that be a pleasant way to do your grocery shopping?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: OT--Wine tasting at the grocery store by Mare749 (We have a liquor sto...)
Very cool marketing!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: OT--Wine tasting at the grocery store by Gourmet_Mom (Very cool marketing!...)
How is that Peter Vella? Do they make a Zin?
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: OT--Wine tasting at the grocery store by farnfam (How is that Peter Ve...)
I believe they do, Cis, but have not purchased it. We mostly buy the Cabernet, and it's pretty decent for a box wine.

Much more affordable to keep on hand since the girls live close by and we get together for happy hour/dinner/game night fairly often.

In the summer, I sometimes buy the Chardonnay and keep it chilled. The Cabernet, I just leave out on the kitchen counter.
Maryann

Re: Re: OT--Wine tasting at the grocery store by Mare749 (I believe they do, C...)
Thanks Maryann! we're going to Watertown today I think I'll buy a box and check it out. I looked online and I see that they do have a white Zinfandel
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: OT--Wine tasting at the grocery store by Mare749 (I believe they do, C...)
And, did you stay for the wine tasting??? What a good idea. I love the Black Box Shiraz.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT--Wine tasting at the grocery store by farnfam (How is that Peter Ve...)
Quote:

How is that Peter Vella? Do they make a Zin?

[Image: 119-1926_IMG-1.jpg]" />

We haven't seen Peter in quite a while! His Cab & Merlot are really pretty darn good for box wine. I'm with Jean - love Black Box (isn't that Delicato??) Some where I have a great picture of Peter and his wife - she's drinking 2 buck chuck.

As an aside he is also involved with Frei Brothers. He brought a bottle to the event the photo above is at - for a first opinion from us all. We loved it!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: OT--Wine tasting at the grocery store by Harborwitch ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Thanks Sharon and Jean. Sounds like I'll have to try the black box shiraz.

So, is that Peter Vella in that picture?
Maryann

Re: Re: OT--Wine tasting at the grocery store by Mare749 (Thanks Sharon and Je...)
That is Peter Vella and his wife.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: OT--Wine tasting at the grocery store by Harborwitch (That is Peter Vella ...)
I'll be checking that out! Thanks for the info!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.