What's for Saturday's Dinner, 4/14???
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

The weather folks are teasing us with predictions of 59° today...from their lips to.... I'm grilling up sloppy, goopy ribs, corn on the cob and some Onion/Rye bread from the Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day book that Maryann made a while back.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 4/14??? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Rib Eye Steaks with a sweet potato for me, regular tater for him, and a nice salad.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 4/14??? by BarbaraS (Rib Eye Steaks with ...)
Hungarian meatball kebobs with paprikash sauce and a side of rice with peas.
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 4/14??? by losblanos1 (Hungarian meatball k...)
I don't know. I'm in the restaurant from noon to 8 today. Maybe I'll just get something there to bring home. I had a pretty good streak going there - getting time to cook at home. Hours have been crazy again - but now it's menu's, and figuring out the the restaurant computer system (and the accompanying update to the golf system).
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 4/14??? by Harborwitch (I don't know. I'm in...)
I'm hoping to at least get pizza dough made, so hopefully pizza.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 4/14??? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm hoping to at lea...)
I think I'm going to make the chicken with almond butter sauce that Blane posted about the other day. Totally up my alley (actually, I think I've made it before). Have to make a trip to the market as we are back - hoping to have asparagus and maybe I'll steal Barbara's idea for a baked sweet potato.
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 4/14??? by Trixxee (I think I'm going to...)
I'm doing the super easy rib roast with twice baked potatoes and a spinach salad.
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 4/14??? by DFen911 (I'm doing the super ...)
Trixxee, I have that chicken on the menu for later this week. It looks delicious and quick, which I need on weeknights. Blane and Jean both inspire me with their beautiful photos!

I was planning on grilling steak, but we had an unexpected houseful. I had two kinds of homemade taquitos (vegetarian and chicken) in the freezer, and picked up some tamales this morning at the first farmers' market of the season, just because I love tamales.

Both boys called to see if they could help us put the boat and jet ski in, and brought friends. (Good thing they came....the boat battery was dead at the ramp, but YS was nearby to jump-start the boat).

Dinner was the taquitos and tamales with beer and salad. For a throw-together dinner it worked well!
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 4/14??? by karyn (Trixxee, I have that...)
I'm hopeless! Good weather and wine won the day. Not to mention wine and the need to fortify myself for the coming weeks. Plus, William brought home some locally made sausage. So grilled sausage on hot dog buns with mustard will be dinner.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 4/14??? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm hopeless! Good ...)
Quote:

I'm hopeless! Good weather and wine won the day.

That's ALWAYS a winning combination!