I'm going to have some fun!
  Re: (...)
We went into Othello today to do some shopping and stopped in a new Mexican grocery/hardware/deli/misc store. Oh boy did I have fun and I'm planning on having a lot of fun.

Blue corn masa! Lemon salt (for beer and ????) Habanero kettle cooked potato chips, Takis (little rolled crisp corn spicy chips), and some Kirkland Margarita mix (one of the only mixes that contains no HFCS).

I'm going to get the tortilla press out and make some blue corn tortillas. I've never seen this stuff in a store before, I've seen the tortillas and the chips but not the masa!

I almost got some mole sauce, I have some chocolate crepe mix that is screaming for mole chicken filling. I need more than one cooking day a week
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: I'm going to have some fun! by Harborwitch (We went into Othello...)
You'll have fun with all that stuff, that's for sure!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: I'm going to have some fun! by cjs (You'll have fun with...)
Hope you will come back and tell us what you made, Sharon! Have fun!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: I'm going to have some fun! by Mare749 (Hope you will come b...)
Sharon, that all sounds so fun. I love finding unexpected stuff like that at the store. I can feel how inspired and excited you are
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: I'm going to have some fun! by farnfam (Sharon, that all sou...)
What fun, Sharon! I'm hoping I can play again in FIVE MORE DAYS!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: I'm going to have some fun! by Gourmet_Mom (What fun, Sharon! I...)
5 days! Yea! I wish we could all get together with all of our "treasures" for a huge cooking extravaganza!

Tonight I'm playing with the blue corn massa - tortilla dough is resting and we'll see what happens.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!