T.G.I.F. Dinner, June 1st????
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today?

Maryann turned me on to a healthy cookbook that I'm going to do a 14-day regime out of and it begins today. I have so got to be good for a while. So, today it's Thai-Inspired Chicken Lettuce Wraps and lunch wil be Deli Sandwich and fruit.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, June 1st???? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Honey-Soy Pulled Pork Sandwiches (see Noble Pig post).
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, June 1st???? by Trixxee (Honey-Soy Pulled Por...)
We've been running around crazy all week it seems. Air Cond broke in the car and the boat was having carburetor trouble, so run to leave the car at the shop and then run far in the opposite direction to leave the boat PEH, so we've been eating on the run, and nothing great either
Anyway, today is dreary and rainy, but at least when Jame gets home we can just relax with some wine and a home cooked meal.
Tonite I'm planning to use up a bag of peppers I bought last week, with some onions, pineapple and chicken in a stir fry. Spaghetti for pretend lo main on the side. TGIF!!
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, June 1st???? by farnfam (We've been running a...)
That pork looks delicious, Trixxee!

I'm done with students for a few months. I love them, but they were really over school which made this week challenging, y'know?

Now I have 3 days of post-planning and summer begins!!

If I get inspired, I'll make arepas...my PAN masarepa blanca arrived this week, so I'm really excited to give it a try. If I'm lazy, it'll be wine and whatever I can find in the fridge and freezer....
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, June 1st???? by karyn (That pork looks deli...)
Tonight it's Chicken cutlets with asparagus as a side.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, June 1st???? by losblanos1 (Tonight it's Chicken...)
Steak night!

FIVE DAYS AND COUNTING! (Miscounted Wednesday....LOL!). Although, I'll have to go in the Monday and Tuesday after, but no more kids after next Friday! Today was the last full day for them, too! Next week, we have early release at 1:00!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, June 1st???? by Gourmet_Mom (Steak night![br][br]...)
Whew!! You made it another year, Daphne!

Tell you what - looks like this eating regime is not going to be too shabby. The Thai Chicken lettuce wraps were wonderful today!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, June 1st???? by cjs (Whew!! You made it a...)
AMEN!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, June 1st???? by Gourmet_Mom (AMEN!...)
Chicken and eggplant on the BBQ with a side of cucumbersSmile
Maryann and Jean, I would love to see some of your "lighter side" recipes.
Jolene
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, June 1st???? by HappyHomemaker (Chicken and eggplant...)
Daphne and Karyn - congrats on making it through another year! Yeah!

Tonight is beef fajitas with peppers & onions, tomatoes, and blue corn tortillas (hopefully?).
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!