Blane's B'day dinner review. Due 8/1/12
  Re: (...)
Wow! There is a lot to choose from in the latest issue. I've changed my mind on what to make at least five time a day since that issue arrived. Then dopey me starts cooking some of the recipes, before making a choice. I was so close to picking the fajita burger.

Anyway, here's my selection.

BBQ Shrimp with the green rice as a side.

[Image: BBQShrimp.jpg]

For dessert, something that looks like fun to make.

[Image: img030.jpg]
  Re: Blane's B'day dinner review. Due 8/1/12 by losblanos1 (Wow! There is a lot ...)
Looks good, Blane! William's going to think I've lost my mind, but I'm game! I'm not sure about the pops. I guess I could scale it down and take the leftovers to the girls at the store.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Blane's B'day dinner review. Due 8/1/12 by Gourmet_Mom (Looks good, Blane! ...)
sounds like a fun one. Think I'll cut out the pastry rounds and freeze them, then just make a couple at a time. YUM!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Blane's B'day dinner review. Due 8/1/12 by cjs (sounds like a fun on...)
That's a good idea, Jean! It's really more a method than a recipe.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Blane's B'day dinner review. Due 8/1/12 by Gourmet_Mom (That's a good idea, ...)
I'm down! Laura will be home so I might be a day late on the review. Gonna skip the dessert, Derek has peanut allergies, but come up with a spin on it Good choices Blane!
  Re: Re: Blane's B'day dinner review. Due 8/1/12 by DFen911 (I'm down! Laura will...)
Nutella?
Daphne
  Re: Re: Blane's B'day dinner review. Due 8/1/12 by Gourmet_Mom (Nutella?...)
I'm in! Never heard of putting milk in rice before! (I will not make the pops though - my waistline cannot afford it).
  Re: Re: Blane's B'day dinner review. Due 8/1/12 by Trixxee (I'm in! Never heard...)
Daphne, why would William think that you've lost your mind?
  Re: Re: Blane's B'day dinner review. Due 8/1/12 by losblanos1 (Daphne, why would Wi...)
Count me in, Blane! This will be fun. Ron and I don't care that much for PB&J, but I know two little kiddies right up the street who love it, so I'll make the pops, too.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Blane's B'day dinner review. Due 8/1/12 by Mare749 (Count me in, Blane! ...)
You had me at SHRIMP!
Cis
Empress for Life