It's Just The Cutest Little Book!!
  Re: (...)
Pizza! Pizza! Pizza! came today! Just in time! We're grilling a pizza tomorrow on Hubby's new pizza stone. So I'm going to make the first sauce listed and posted by Daphne in the Pizza Ideas! thread. I didn't buy fresh tomatos but decided to use the "Jersey Fresh" canned toms that I have.

As I understand it, you should cook the "to be topped" side for a couple minutes, then flip it and top it and put it back over the grill. Right?

Has anyone ever used the Pillsbury pizza dough?

It's a whole new horizon for us!! Thanks Jean!!

Barbara<~~~only 4 copies left on Amazon now...
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: It's Just The Cutest Little Book!! by BarbaraS (Pizza! Pizza! Pizza!...)
That is the way to do it Barbara! I used to put all my topping an a tray and take to the grill. One day, I said something about not looking forward to standing out in the heat and Jean pointed out that she takes her half cooked dough inside to top. SMH! So that's what I do now...LOL!

I have always made my dough, so no advice on the Pillsbury. One more thing, don't flip out when your dough poofs up, it will go down when you take it off the grill and flip it. Don't forget to brush the dough all the way to the edges with olive oil before topping! Oh, and cheese pillows! Gotta have cheese pillows!

ETA: And it IS the cutest little book!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: It's Just The Cutest Little Book!! by Gourmet_Mom (That is the way to d...)
Great thoughts, Daphne!

I bought Wegman's whole wheat pizza dough - two rounds - and then thought about the Pillsbury dough. Hubby is a picky, non-accepting-to-a-lot-of-change eater, and I thought he wouldn't like the whole wheat dough, so I bought both.

I'm going to go with the whole wheat dough since it's fresh and make Jean's sauce with the Jersey Fresh canned toms.

I also got clammies to grill. Oh yeah!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: It's Just The Cutest Little Book!! by BarbaraS (Great thoughts, Daph...)
I used the PB dough in the oven once and I thought it was good. Curious to see how it turns out on the grill (as I'm afraid to make dough).

Has anyone ever tried any of the Trader Joe's doughs?
  Re: Re: It's Just The Cutest Little Book!! by BarbaraS (Great thoughts, Daph...)
I've used the pillsubry dough for quick grilled Nan. It was great. Well, I had never had anyother kind, so nothing to compare it to...but it was tasty. We like to make our dough now. It is getting easier!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: It's Just The Cutest Little Book!! by esgunn (I've used the pillsu...)
I sure hope you enjoy the book as much as a lot of us have, Barbara. And, remember after a couple of pizzas, just use the book as a guide and experiment with the doughs, sauces, and toppings.

I like to add white pepper to some of the doughs for a different 'zing' and adding different herbs (mint, cilantro, etc.) to sauces and toppings? Unlimited.

And, thank you for the kind words.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: It's Just The Cutest Little Book!! by esgunn (I've used the pillsu...)
Can I use crushed tomatoes for the sauce?

Barbara
  Re: Re: It's Just The Cutest Little Book!! by BarbaraS (Can I use crushed to...)
sure.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: It's Just The Cutest Little Book!! by cjs (sure....)
That's what I use most of the time, Barbara! Have fun today! I can't wait to hear how it comes out!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: It's Just The Cutest Little Book!! by Gourmet_Mom (That's what I use mo...)
Barbara, be sure to check your dough before you think you need to. We have burned it a few times. Seems we have a really hot grill.

Pizza, Pizza, Pizza! is the BEST pizza book!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."