New Chinese Cook Book
  Re: (...)
I picked up Bee Yinn Low new cookbook Easy Chinese Recipes

Hope to cook out of it soon . She also has a blog which is very good

Rasa Malaysia.com

Just felt like new cookbook time. !!!

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: New Chinese Cook Book by mjkcooking (I picked up Bee Yinn...)
That's a great book, Marye. I saw it at the library and checked it out a couple of times. Her method for tenderizing chicken breasts works very well. Also tried her method for making your shrimp "bouncy" but was less successful with that. Might have to try that again. We like the "Tasty Lettuce Wraps" a lot, "Sweet and Sour Pork" and "Shrimp with Snow Peas" All really good.

You are going to really enjoy that book.

Just found another one that we liked: Sichuan String Beans. Perfect time of the year for that one!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: New Chinese Cook Book by Mare749 (That's a great book,...)
I thought that website looked familiar, it's in my Favorites. I found it awhile back looking for Char Siew Bao. Great recipes there.

http://rasamalaysia.com/char-siew-bao/
  Re: Re: New Chinese Cook Book by losblanos1 (I thought that websi...)
Hmmmmmm, another book??????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New Chinese Cook Book by cjs (Hmmmmmm, another boo...)

Blane have you tried the BBQ Pork recipe from the Seattle Times ?

Pretty good.

Will check out your recipe suggestion too.

Mary Anne Thanks for the info on the recipes.
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: New Chinese Cook Book by mjkcooking ([br]Blane have you t...)
Good Lord, Blane, I could stay on that website forever!!!! What wonderful, mouth-watering recipes. (don't know whether to say thanks or not..... )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New Chinese Cook Book by cjs (Good Lord, Blane, I ...)
Oh my. What a great website. Thank you for sharing!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: New Chinese Cook Book by Harborwitch (Oh my. What a great...)
Marye, thanks for bringing that website up, when I visited it a couple of years ago, I had only one thing in mind, to find the bbq bun recipe and didn't explore the other recipes. You're right Jean, Good Lord! Her pictures of the food are stunning. She definitely has a professional set-up. I never did make her recipe, I didn't have a food scale at that time (the recipe is metric). I have a scale now and a new Asian market close by, time for bbq pork buns.
I'll go check out the Times recipe. Cuisine at Home has a recipe for the buns also, I made it a couple of times and it's really good.
  Re: Re: New Chinese Cook Book by losblanos1 (Marye, thanks for br...)
Hi.
I have a recipe from some chinese classes I have taken - for BBQ Pork and
Haahm Bow - where you can steam or bakethe buns.

If you want to see recipes let me know

Marye
  Re: Re: New Chinese Cook Book by mjkcooking (Hi. [br]I have a rec...)
Well, shoot - I searched MasterCook and I have six recipes for Chinese Pork Buns - all have slightly different names... and I can't remember the ones I have made. But, I love making them - can't stay out of them either!

Char Siu/Char Siew
Char Siu Bao - Chinese Steamed Pork Buns
GONG BAO CHICKEN - TWO RECIPES
CHAR SIU BAO - BBQ'D PORK BUNS C2C
Char Siu Bao

Lining them up like this, I guess there are only 2 or 3 different names for them (that I have) - A lot of the recipes came from our old forum C2C and Gina (which means they must be wonderful!!!)
www.achefsjourney.com