What's for Dinner, Wed.,8/22??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today?

Takng a break from testing recipes and got out the new Cuisine for 2 - think I'll make the Beer Braised Pork chops with potatoes, onion & peppers. How fun, a new dish for a change!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wed.,8/22?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm going to start doing the same thing within a few days. So many great sounding recipes in that book.

But, for tonight, it's going to be Orange Chicken and Rice with vegetable spring rolls on the side.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed.,8/22?? by Mare749 (I'm going to start d...)
The weather has finally cooled down. I have stewed cabbage cooking (local cabbage is 29 cents a lb!!) I marinated pork country ribs yesterday in his Caribbean Rub, so browned them this morning. They are in the cazuela with some local tomatoes, and I'll add some beans in later. Maybe carrots or broccoli as a side.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed.,8/22?? by Lorraine (The weather has fina...)
I want to make those chops as well.

I think tonight it's Cajun Chicken Stroganoff from C@H.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed.,8/22?? by Trixxee (I want to make those...)
I have some purple peppers! I wasn't sure what to do, but I read that they will turn green when cooked and have similar taste to green peppers. So, I'm stuffing them and serving with polenta. They sure are pretty, it's a shame they won't stay purple for presentation sake
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed.,8/22?? by farnfam (I have some purple p...)
My goodness! A purple-pepper-polenta presentation!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed.,8/22?? by labradors (My goodness! A purp...)
p-p-p-p-p-p-p, had the speech impediment long, Labs?? (is that in bad taste????????????)

The beer-braised pork chops is a very nice dinner. will post a review on the thread for the Cooking for 2 thread.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed.,8/22?? by cjs (p-p-p-p-p-p-p, had t...)
We're doing the linguini with chicken and candied cherry tomatoes. I'm off today and making progress on little projects and some cooking.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed.,8/22?? by Harborwitch (We're doing the ling...)
We have church, so we will probably just pick up something in town.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed.,8/22?? by Harborwitch (We're doing the ling...)
Tonight it's grilled chicken cordon bleu, potato confit and asparagus.