What's for Dinner, Sat., 9/1??
  Re: (...)
SEPTEMBER!!!! Wow. What's on the menu for everyone today?

I think we'll have the leftover Pork stew over the Szechuan noodles. Maybe make them into a fried noodle pancake. sounds good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 9/1?? by cjs (SEPTEMBER!!!! Wow. W...)
Grilled chicken sandwiches with peppered bacon, pepperjack cheese and a sauce made with chipotles in adodo, frozen limeade concentrate, honey, apple cider vinegar and mustard. It's from one of the weeknight books I believe. (I'm using a different kind of cheese than what was suggested).
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 9/1?? by Trixxee (Grilled chicken sand...)
Trixxee, that sounds like the Chipotle Chicken Sandwich, it is so delicious. I love the Chipotle mustard sauce. Thank you for the reminder, it's for dinner Monday.

Tonight, from the new Cuisine for Two, I'm making the Mexican pork meatballs with chipotle tomato sauce, sides of pineapple rice and asparagus.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 9/1?? by Trixxee (Grilled chicken sand...)
The Potato Crust Quiche from Issue 45. I might have to do the Game Hens with Orange Marsala sauce in that issue next weekend.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 9/1?? by BarbaraS (The Potato Crust Qui...)
Considering what we just ate for brunch, it's going to be a garden salad topped with grilled chicken.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 9/1?? by losblanos1 (Trixxee, that sounds...)
Quote:

Trixxee, that sounds like the Chipotle Chicken Sandwich, it is so delicious. I love the Chipotle mustard sauce. Thank you for the reminder, it's for dinner Monday.

Tonight, from the new Cuisine for Two, I'm making the Mexican pork meatballs with chipotle tomato sauce, sides of pineapple rice and asparagus.

It is Blane - so glad you are giving it a thumbs up. I think it should be pretty good too.

Definitely let us know how the meatballs turn out. I had that one earmarked.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 9/1?? by Trixxee ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Barbara - the game hens sound fantastic (though the last time I made them I swore to myself that was the last time). My issues don't go back to #45 but I think I may have just found the recipe somewhere else online. I think I might have to do this with a roasted chicken or just boneless chicken breasts (and have to leave out the butter under the skin in that case).

Orange + Marsala = sounds heavenly.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 9/1?? by Trixxee (Barbara - the game h...)
Trixxee,

Last week when I was at Wegmans I noticed D'Artanquan had "young chickens" for sale (smaller than game hens) for $10 a pound! Yikes! But I do like game hens and want to give them a try.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 9/1?? by BarbaraS (Trixxee,[br][br]Last...)
$10? Whoa! I myself like game hens but there is just too much drama surrounding them here (aka husband complaining that they are too much work to eat).
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 9/1?? by Trixxee ($10? Whoa! I myse...)
Yeah, I did a double take myself.

Barbara