My Trip to Cash & Carry Yesterday!!
  Re: (...)
Don't you know I had a heck of a good time. Only thing I couldn't find was Keecap Manis, but I still have a little left.

But, my greatest buy yesterday was a NY strip - took a heck of a chunk out of my food budget, but so worth it!!

[Image: NyStrip16steaks.jpg]

16 steaks for us to share - 1 large steak always grills so much better than 2 small guys. Per steak???????????????? $5.57 PER STEAK! (and, they are all almost a lb. apiece) How can you go wrong with a price like that?

I had 18 oz. of trimmed disposable scrap and 8 oz. a meat scrap that I used for our fajitas.

[Image: FajitasSept282012.jpg]

Feeling pretty high on the hog (or beef) with these little jewels in the freezer!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: My Trip to Cash & Carry Yesterday!! by cjs (Don't you know I had...)
After my failure at the store today, I'm feeling jealous. Although my store DID have whole NY for $3.99 a pound. Is that anywhere near what you paid, Jean? I don't usually get the NY, but.....
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: My Trip to Cash & Carry Yesterday!! by Gourmet_Mom (After my failure at ...)
I don't either, Daphne, TBones are my steak of choice, but I can do so much more with the NYs.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: My Trip to Cash & Carry Yesterday!! by cjs (Don't you know I had...)
Very nice Jean! You and Roy certainly know how to live well . I think of you every time I have champagne on the weekends now.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: My Trip to Cash & Carry Yesterday!! by luvnit (Very nice Jean! You ...)
You better be raising those glasses this direction then, Laura!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: My Trip to Cash & Carry Yesterday!! by cjs (You better be raisin...)
Are those boneless? I'm going to have to head over there and grab some.
Great pictures Jean.

PS- Now I've got fajitas on the brain.
  Re: Re: My Trip to Cash & Carry Yesterday!! by losblanos1 (Are those boneless? ...)
I prefer ribeye if I can't get tenderloin. NY is after that. I'm going to go back and look at those whole strips. Although, my butcher said he was trying to get some more tenderloins. William bought the last one today. TURKEY!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: My Trip to Cash & Carry Yesterday!! by losblanos1 (Are those boneless? ...)
Yes, Blane - they are boneless. We hadn't had fajitas forever it seemed. They sure were good! Thanks.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: My Trip to Cash & Carry Yesterday!! by cjs (Yes, Blane - they ar...)
My word, Jean, that first photo is so beautiful it should almost require a parental advisory!

Warning: The following is rated M (Meat). Vegetarians will not be admitted without proper supervision.

LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: My Trip to Cash & Carry Yesterday!! by labradors (My word, Jean, that ...)
That was a great buy, Jean. We do the same thing as far as sharing a steak. We like a nice thick rib-eye for grilling, so always share it now. Just got a nice pack of them from Sam's Club.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."