T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/2/12
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today?

Us- yesterday's dinner.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/2/12 by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Since we didn't have internet for a few days, I had the time to go through back issues of Cuisine and make a list of dishes to add to my weekly menus. It's quite lengthy so will take a while to work my way through it.

Tonight will be either halibut or salmon, whichever looks better when I go to the market this afternoon.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/2/12 by Mare749 (Since we didn't have...)
Thanksgiving sandwiches!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/2/12 by Trixxee (Thanksgiving sandwic...)
Takeout from Wegman's!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/2/12 by Trixxee (Thanksgiving sandwic...)
Yippee!! It's steak night. Boneless NY Strip Steak with brandy mushroom sauce and a side of beets. Just kidding, the side will be asparagus.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/2/12 by losblanos1 (Yippee!! It's steak ...)
BG will be home! Grilled fillet mignon with either baked potatoes or grilled planks and salad. I forgot the balsamic reduction last time. Hopefully, I can remember tonight! We'll start or finish with wine and Truffle Popcorn!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/2/12 by losblanos1 (Yippee!! It's steak ...)
Quote:

Yippee!! It's steak night. Boneless NY Strip Steak with brandy mushroom sauce and a side of beets. Just kidding, the side will be asparagus.

I love beets! And I have some on hand. I like the precooked ones from TJ's - very easy to deal with.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/2/12 by Trixxee ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Love Beets.

I heart Love Beets. Especially the Sweet Fire ones, they're fused in chili oil. Not too hot, but addictive as all get out. If they have them in your grocery's produce section, splurge and get them. They also come in two other flavors that I can't remember. Oh wait, one of them is vinegar infused.

Love Beets. Love them.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/2/12 by BarbaraS (Love Beets.[br][br]I...)
" Truffle Popcorn" - hang on we'll be there, when we have room for more food!!!

Roy's delayed B'day dinner -
[Image: spaetzlesinTobinJamesBowl2012.jpg]

[Image: spaetzledinner11212.jpg]

[Image: SpaetlzedinnerRoy1.jpg]

[Image: SpaetzleBdaydinner2012Roy2.jpg]

[Image: ChocolatepieRoysBday.jpg]

----
The German is happy, but I've asked him if he will request sushi next year - this stuff is just too heavy!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/2/12 by cjs (" Truffle Popcorn" -...)
and, the happy German an hour after his b'day dinner....

[Image: RoyAfterhisBdayDinner.jpg]

geez.
www.achefsjourney.com