What's for Dinner, 11/23/12??
  Re: (...)
I suppose we don't even need this thread today - leftovers for most, huh?

Yesterday was a travel day AND our 44th anniversary and after stopping for a French Dip sandwich mid-day, we weren't even hungry for he anniversary dinner I had planned. So our dinner was 2 beautiful pieces of pumpkin pie we picked up at the little dinner where we had lunch. Delicious. (but, I'm still going to make a pumpkin pie for us in the next few days...)

So, this morning, we're having a champagne brunch to celectate and I'm not even going to look at that truck!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, 11/23/12?? by cjs (I suppose we don't e...)
Happy Anniversary Jean & Roy.

Tonight we're going to a place called Archie's Wok. We've never been there before, but it looks delicious.
http://archieswok.com/index.php?option=c...1&Itemid=4

Last night's dinner was amazing. It was one of the best dining experiences ever. When I can find the time I'll start a seperate thread w/ pictures.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, 11/23/12?? by losblanos1 (Happy Anniversary Je...)
That is one awesome menu! I can't wait to hear what you guys choose!

Since it's just me and Cricket, I'll probably do Steak Night as usual.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, 11/23/12?? by Gourmet_Mom (That is one awesome ...)
Brunch menu is in place:
Brew Pub Pork Chops - have not idea where or when this recipe came about, but I'M GRILLING THIS MORNING IN THE SUNSHINE!!!!!

will grill some potatoes, too (home grown) and maybe even 2 bottles of bubbly - I talked Roy out of even getting near the truck today!! (if we do, I'll stay away from the boards and stay out of trouble. )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, 11/23/12?? by cjs (Brunch menu is in pl...)
By the way,Jean.....Happy Anniversary! I hope you two have a terrific day in the sunshine!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, 11/23/12?? by Gourmet_Mom (By the way,Jean........)
Predictable leftovers here. Which I think we will be glad about after putting up the Christmas tree and lights outside.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, 11/23/12?? by Gourmet_Mom (By the way,Jean........)
Happy Anniversary, Jean and Roy! So glad you are enjoying sunshine. Sounds like a good day to rest up and relax a bit after traveling yesterday. Where to next or is that undecided?

Tonight we are having leftover turkey dinner, of course. As usual, the bones went right into the stockpot for broth, which will be frozen until Ron gets back from deer hunting.
He enjoys coming home to a meal of homemade noodles in broth after a week of eating out every night.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, 11/23/12?? by Mare749 (Happy Anniversary, J...)
Having African Chop Suey and biscuits. Our BIL is coming over for a visit. He is such a sweetheart. Love having him around.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, 11/23/12?? by luvnit (Having African Chop ...)
Happy Anniversary Jean and Roy! We're having leftovers, too. Probably in some form of sandwich.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, 11/23/12?? by karyn (Happy Anniversary Je...)
Oh my goodnes, what a nice relaxing day this has been. Denise, I love this RV park!! We've always driven right by it for 25 years.

Here's what we did today -
Laura, thank you so much, we had the 2nd Schramsberg Crement this a.m. for our anniversary and raised our glasses to you!

[Image: ThankYouLaura-Schramsberg.jpg]

Want to make pizza in the next few days (have some pork belly from Sharon & Bob and D & D to use)
[Image: Herbeddoughwbuttermilk.jpg]

This was our anniversary brunch - very good.

[Image: BrewPufchopsandgrilledfries.jpg]

We did have 2 bottles of bubbly, so I'll go away now....
www.achefsjourney.com