What's for Dinner, Wed., 3/20/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Travel day for us to Redding for a couple nights. Found a BevMo yesterday, so picked up some salami, cheese & crackers, so that will be dinner later today.

Had a wonderful time last night with son Mattie & d-i-l, Wendy and Kelly, Brent & Travis (our old neighbors). We went to Buca di Beppo restaurant which serves dinner family style. You can order two different size dishes either small (serves 2 to 3) or large (serves 4 to 6) "they say"!! I'm sure 6 or 8 for the small and double that for the large! Not sure if this is a chain that you all would know about.

http://www.bucadibeppo.com/menu/

This was Mattie's salad and he didn't even share!!
Roasted red peppers, feta, provolone, pepperoni, Mortadella, pepperoncini, black olives, green olives, cucumbers, romas, lettuce and an Italian vinaigrette!!!!!
[Image: Mar19Matts1893salad_zps63099e13.jpg]

and, this is the motely crew - we just had a ball!!
[Image: Mar19allofus_zps89fb8ff4.jpg]

We don't all get together often enough, so we sure dragged this dinner out!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 3/20/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Love Buca di Beppo!!! Perfect for a crowd!! They serve "family style" portions. It's also the only place where I'll eat mussels. It may not be on the menu, but you can order mussels in red or white wine sauce. The white is awesome!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 3/20/13?? by BarbaraS (Love Buca di Beppo!!...)
Great family picture! I have only been to the original Buca in Minneapolis, MN. Charming place really. It was in the basement of an apartment building. In fact it Buca di Beppo is supposed to mean Joe's Basement. It was always a 2 hour wait to get in, but so worth it.

Last night we had pizza for dinner...

Tonight we will have whatever it takes to clean out the fridge for the next party.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 3/20/13?? by luvnit (Great family picture...)
Oh, what fun! We love Buca and have celebrated birthdays there a few times. Last time we went, there were 15 of us, so you can imagine the food that was ordered.

Almost forgot. Dinner will be Hawaiian pizza. I made it up last night, so it's all ready to go. Just need a salad to go with it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 3/20/13?? by Mare749 (Oh, what fun! We lov...)
We used to do Christmas Eve dinner there every year (in the Pope's room I think it was called?). My sister in law had to make the reservations months in advance. I love their chicken parmigiana.

We are having good old meat sauce (freezer dove for that) over twisty pasta, salad and garlic bread.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 3/20/13?? by Mare749 (Oh, what fun! We lov...)
I know you did, Laura.... Show off!

I can't find the last round of dough I know is in the darn freezer
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 3/20/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Quote:

We went to Buca di Beppo restaurant which serves dinner family style. You can order two different size dishes either small (serves 2 to 3) or large (serves 4 to 6) "they say"!! I'm sure 6 or 8 for the small and double that for the large! Not sure if this is a chain that you all would know about.

Have mentioned it here several times, including THIS.

Probably the best Italian chain there is or at least, depending upon your taste, in the top two.

Bill, have you managed to get around to trying Buca di Beppo yet?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 3/20/13?? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Naturally, the only location in NC/SC is over 3 hours away in a part of the state we rarely go.

Tonight is Lasagna Soup. Hoping to be well by Sunday. My choir director was not happy I couldn't go to practice tonight. I'm feeling better, but after a big talking day, my voice is almost gone, so I'm hoping this helps.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 3/20/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (Naturally, the only ...)
Lasagna soup? That sounds really good. Have you made this before?
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 3/20/13?? by luvnit (Lasagna soup? That s...)
Laura, where have you been!?!?!?!? This is the BEST soup EVER! (Well, a toss up with the Clam Chowder.). You haven't made this? It is so fast and easy. Even on the busiest day.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.