Butternut Squash Donuts with Maple Syrup
  Re: (...)
THIS sounds like a great recipe for the next time butternut squash goes on sale.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Butternut Squash Donuts with Maple Syrup by labradors ([url=http://www.foxn...)
Hell Yes!!! I've made baked pumpkin donuts, so this would be easy to convert!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Butternut Squash Donuts with Maple Syrup by cjs (Hell Yes!!! I've mad...)
Sounds so darn good.
  Re: Re: Butternut Squash Donuts with Maple Syrup by Trixxee (Sounds so darn good....)
That sounds way too good for me to even think about making.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Butternut Squash Donuts with Maple Syrup by Mare749 (That sounds way too ...)
That sounds wonderful, I could see it with all that excess pumpkin after Halloween as well. I almost think you would need to cook the maple syrup down a little so that it would be thicker.

Speaking of, we pulled all the buckets yesterday. We have had so much snow here the last few weeks that it put the maple season back by almost a month this year.
  Re: Re: Butternut Squash Donuts with Maple Syrup by iBcookin (That sounds wonderfu...)
Oh Linda, that reminds me of the year(s) an old C2C friend, BOHICA, (anyone remember him?) used to send us freshly made maple syrup every spring. darn, wonder why he quit.....

Man, that stuff was so good!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Butternut Squash Donuts with Maple Syrup by cjs (Oh Linda, that remin...)
I remember him! He was the private chef in the Upper Michigan Peninsula wasn't he? He always had such interesting contributions to the discussions.

We are so spoiled. Participating in the process makes you appreciate that liquid gold. Trudging through 2 feet of snow back to the trees, then returning carrying 5 gallon buckets of sap, lifting them up to the trailer to dump, then sitting all night babysitting the fire pan. You can't possibly make it through 5 hours of gathering without being soaked to your underwear! No small wonder why they were getting almost $50 a gal here.

But warm syrup from the pan is heavenly!