Sunday Dinner, 4/28/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today for everyone? (I wish I was with Allison )

We're having Buckwheat waffles and peppered bacon and of course, a little bubbly. Haven't had buckwheat in years!

Later? don't know yet.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 4/28/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We are having whatever we can grab for breakfast. Drinking some coffee and then heading out with the kids to the North Shore (Lake Superior) where we are going to grab some lunch at a Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives called Duluth Grill. They have (especially for the area)a very progressive menu. With a lot of gluten-free, vegan, and carnivore choices.

My hubby plans to have the Bahn Mi duck burger a soft golden white bun, top it with our homemade paté, spicy Sriracha aioli, a hand-pattied duck burger, and daikon-carrot slaw.

I want to have the Stuffed Pepper Tacos: Two soft shell tacos with shredded lettuce, flame roasted Anaheim peppers stuffed with pulled bison and wild rice mix, and cheddar cheese, topped with chipotle BBQ sauce. Served with corn tortilla chips, salsa and sour cream.

I also want to try their Scotch Egg appetizer and their famous Banana Cream Pie for dessert! I think we will be too full for dinner!

[Image: bannana_cream_pie-600x905.jpg]
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 4/28/13?? by luvnit (We are having whatev...)
Wow.....just WOW! have a great day. Someone will have to roll you all home!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 4/28/13?? by cjs (Wow.....just WOW! ha...)
Wow is right!

Come hell or high water and I'm making the french onion soup. But first we are having chicken soft tacos for lunch.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 4/28/13?? by Trixxee (Wow is right! [br][...)
Laura, we saw that episode, and both commented how great the dessert looked! Have fun!! I'm trying to use up odds and ends in the fridge. I think we'll end up with a spaghetti sauce that I will dump the leftover mac and cheese into, kind of like a Joey Marzetti.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 4/28/13?? by Lorraine (Laura, we saw that e...)
Have fun Laura! We've been to several DD&D restaurants in California and Pittsburgh, and have really enjoyed ourselves. We've discovered that cross-referencing the DD&D list with Yelp or TripAdvisor is usually the safest way to go....

We've had house guests all weekend which was a lot of fun, but now I'm tired so we're having a skillet pasta dish with chicken, broccoli and asiago cheese.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 4/28/13?? by cjs (Wow.....just WOW! ha...)
We wish we were with Allison too! We are preparing for "21" club next Saturday. Kentucky Derby and dinner. We made a marinated shrimp and a Kentucky bourbon/onion dip today as well as a mint Julip syrup to mix with Makers Mark Bourbon. Dinner tonight will be a purchased double cheese, double pepperoni thin and crispy pizza with home made sautéed onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms added. A nice chianti.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 4/28/13?? by Old Bay (We wish we were with...)
That time again, huh Bill? Would love to hear the entire menu you'll be 'cookin' up. (I thought you and Jane were downsizing in the party dept???????)
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 4/28/13?? by cjs (That time again, huh...)
We do our 21 club once a year in May. No big Christmas parties anymore. We've decided that since our club party is in May we will do a Derby party from now on. We've slowed down a lot!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 4/28/13?? by Old Bay (We do our 21 club on...)
Well, yes, I understand, you are of an age, after all.................
www.achefsjourney.com