Sunday Dinner, 6/2/13?
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu?

We're having the steak today. Went easy yesterday - if you want a fast light dinner, add l/o (too hot) Mexican rice to tomato soup. It's great!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/2/13? by cjs (What's on the menu?[...)
Finally a sunny day! Tomorrow is Maggie's birthday... Hubby is putting up the 'net trellis' so we can go vertical in the garden with beans, zukes, and cukes. (I will take a pick when he is done. Spending time outside is on the menu. So is pizza on the grill!

Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Pepperoni Pizza

Can't wait!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/2/13? by luvnit (Finally a sunny day!...)
Bob is putting Cochinit Pibil in the smoker. It's going to be a good day. I have some pinto beans and I'll make some rice.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/2/13? by Harborwitch (Bob is putting Cochi...)
We have a ton of leftover chicken and I'm just not sure what to do with it.

Will probably have to make Maryann's b-day dinner tomorrow (but that would still be within the deadline)!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/2/13? by Harborwitch (Bob is putting Cochi...)
Quote:

Bob is putting Cochinit Pibil in the smoker.

Okay Sharon, you're going to have to clue me in on that one.

We're going a pizza again!! Had to buy store-made dough because I can't find that recipe for thin crust pizza dough Jean posted. I thought I bookmarked it, but I can't find it and when you do a search on "pizza" or "dough" you get the max 200 hits and they only go back a couple months.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/2/13? by BarbaraS ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Tonight it's Maryann's B'day dinner.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/2/13? by losblanos1 (Tonight it's Maryann...)
Harvested some rhubarb the other day and I just made my MIL's fantastic rhubarb crisp recipe...

Rhubarb Crush
1 cup flour
¾ cup oatmeal
1 t. cinnamon
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup melted butter
4 cups rhubarb, diced
1 cup white sugar
2 T. cornstarch
1 cup water
1 t. vanilla

Mix flour, oatmeal, cinnamon, brown sugar and butter (mix like pie crust). Put half of mixture in a greased 9” pan. Cover with diced rhubarb. In a saucepan add sugar, cornstarch, water and vanilla. Cook until clear. Pour over rhubarb and top with remaining crumbs. Bake at 350 for 1 hour. Serve with whipped cream.

[Image: 426676_10200398242051773_890696569_n.jpg]
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/2/13? by luvnit (Harvested some rhuba...)
James has requested that quick Mousaka. It's a day for comfort food dreary and rainy a little cool. Good thing we took HMS Sunflower out yesterday, looks like rain all next week
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/2/13? by farnfam (James has requested ...)
Cis, what is quick moussaka? Is it a Cuisine recipe?

Sharon, what exactly is in the smoker? Sounds exotic.

Dinner tonight is a bbq at Heather's house for Alyssa's birthday party. The whole family is coming and we have a gorgeous day for it. FINALLY not too hot OR raining. We are having hamburgers, hotdogs, pasta salad, and whatever everyone else brings.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/2/13? by cjs (What's on the menu?[...)
A regular favorite,eggplant Parmesan, Sicilian sauce, Dreamfields penne pasta.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".