My turn to be AWOL!
  Re: (...)
We are headed west for an Alaskan cruise really early tomorrow morning. We'll be back just before the 4th. Assuming I don't enjoy the local beverages too much, I'll try to take pictures of any fun food and tell all of you about our adventures!
  Re: My turn to be AWOL! by karyn (We are headed west f...)
Are you leaving from Seattle? If so, wave as you go by Port Angeles and we will raise our glasses to you! Have a great time!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: My turn to be AWOL! by cjs (Are you leaving from...)
Have a wonderful time, Karyn! We haven't been to Alaska yet, but I keep pushing for it. Looking forward to hearing all about it. Safe travels.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: My turn to be AWOL! by Mare749 (Have a wonderful tim...)
Oh have a great trip!! Enjoy every second of it and keep us posted with pics if you can
  Re: Re: My turn to be AWOL! by DFen911 (Oh have a great trip...)
We have been there! Time and money allowing, we are going back . Eat salmon and halibut. They , the scenery, the temperature, and the rest of the food will spoil you!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
You are going to love this cruise! We went in 2010 and it was the best vacation we've ever been on. We had a balcony and I spent just about all my time out there with my birding binoculars looking for wildlife. Bring some good binoculars! Enjoy!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: My turn to be AWOL! by BarbaraS (You are going to lov...)
I would love to take this cruise and I am not a cruise person. Have fun and enjoy!
  Re: Re: My turn to be AWOL! by Trixxee (I would love to take...)
Enjoy your Trip ! would love to do this someday.

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: My turn to be AWOL! by mjkcooking (Enjoy your Trip ! ...)
and, train your binoculars to the south as you hit the Port Angeles Spit area. We're about 1/2 mile up the mountain.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
That sounds like fun Karyn! What a nice trip. Hope you do take a few pics and share them with us!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura