Another Baking Day in P.A. (Warning: Long POst)
  Re: (...)
What a fun morning, but this old broad is dragging now, let me tell you!

This is what I did:
Baking day in P.A. – leftover egg whites from making Gelato yesterday went into Oregon Hazelnut (except I didn’t have Hazelnuts/used walnuts) Meringue Bits. They are Gluten free for those interested. Great flavor!
[Image: July5WalnutMeringueBits_zps518d96a2.jpg]

* Exported from MasterCook *

Oregon Hazelnut Meringue Bits

3 egg whites
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup Oregon hazelnuts -- finely chopped
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
1/3 cup saltine cracker crumbs

Beat egg whites and salt until very stiff. Add sugar slowly and keep beating. Fold in Oregon hazelnuts, chocolate and cracker crumbs. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake 13 to 15 minutes at 350ºF.

Source:
"Dundee Hazelnuts & The Oregon Hazelnut Industry"

-------------------

Still trying to master making rolls/buns that we are happy with – close today. Sourdough N.E. Hot Dog Rolls – adapting one recipe to the method of another caught me off guard a little; I used a little too much dough in the pan, so will try again (after these are enjoyed) with maybe ~8 oz. less dough. I have the neatest baking pan for these.

[Image: July5SourdoughNEHotDogBuns_zpsd10c605b.jpg]

Leftover dough from making hot dog buns went into a small loaf of bread and can’t wait to slice into this one.
[Image: July5Soudoughleftoverdoughforloaf_zps88e6ac6a.jpg]

Wile I was baking, I had lots of l/o soaked Mesquite/Apple chips, so smoked/roasted a half chicken for quite a few dinners later this week.
[Image: July5Smkdroastedchickenhalf_zps329cf48d.jpg]

Whew – my kitchen smell delightful and I feel really fulfilled!! Now to the courtyard, a glass of wine and my book.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Another Baking Day in P.A. (Warning: Long POst) by cjs (What a fun morning, ...)
Jean, everything looks amazing! I absolutely love meringue cookies, so I never make them....you can count how long they last around here in minutes, and I'm trying to avoid expanding, y'know?

Enjoy your wine and book!
  Re: Another Baking Day in P.A. (Warning: Long POst) by cjs (What a fun morning, ...)
I can see those hot dog rolls split on the top and filled with fresh lobster salad....yum!
PJ
  Re: Re: Another Baking Day in P.A. (Warning: Long POst) by karyn (Jean, everything loo...)
Everything looks so good, Jean. Especially that loaf of bread!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Another Baking Day in P.A. (Warning: Long POst) by Mare749 (Everything looks so ...)
Amazing! I need to get in gear and get cooking!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Another Baking Day in P.A. (Warning: Long POst) by Gourmet_Mom (Amazing! I need to ...)
PJ - that's what I'd love to do with some of them!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com