Monday's Dinner, 7/15/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

Haven't the slightest idea here - but I have cantaloupe from Costco that we have to delve into, that's for sure.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/15/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm doing a shrimp noodle salad and grilled salmon. Too hot for much of anything else. We went from 16 days of rain to 90 degrees. Nice to see the sun again, but it's so humid you can't even breath.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/15/13?? by Mare749 (I'm doing a shrimp n...)
If all goes according to plan we are meeting my sister's family and a visiting aunt at little Italian restaurant. I already know what I'm getting - linguine with clam sauce.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/15/13?? by Trixxee (If all goes accordin...)
and now I know what we're having today - a beautiful N.W. day. My last Wagyu rib steak and I have ingredients for the couscous salad I made for the luncheon and I didn't get any.
(as I told Maryann in another thread. )

Clam Linguine - I'm with you!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/15/13?? by cjs (and now I know what ...)
Trixxee, you may have just given me an idea for dinner. Although, we should probably have the leftover ribs. Although, I could freeze them?

Maryann, you must be having the same weather we are. The humidity is so thick it feels like you're drowning!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/15/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (Trixxee, you may hav...)
Ok I posted under the wrong thread...doh! I'm putting a chicken in the smoker. Got a new smoking book that just makes my mouth water - Big Bob Gibbon's BBQ Book by Chris Lilly. So doing his chicken with the white bbq sauce
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/15/13?? by DFen911 (Ok I posted under th...)
Denise, I've looked at that recipe more times than I can count, but have never made it. I going to have to give it a try!

Tonight we're having the smoked BBQ beef and steak sauce that everyone's been talking about. I'll grill some asparagus, too. I must be trying to channel Blane, even though my plating is never as good as his!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/15/13?? by karyn (Denise, I've looked ...)
Well, I darn near burned down a brick house!!! While no ones loves a 'smokin' hot fire' for grilling a steak than I, I took it to the extreme today - had cars stopping to see if all was o.k. before I got the flames out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The steak was still 44° after the fire, so hurriedly heated the oven to as high as I could get it and stuck in a pre-heated cast iron skillet to 118°.

Gotta say, that was the best 'seared' steak and rare that I have ever had. But, Roy has threatened me if I try that again...... no sense of humor.

---
After all the excitement, I forgot to menion my first 8-ball zucchinis. Have any of you grown them? I'm finding after they get a little larger than the ones in the below picture, they start rotting!! So, I went ahead and cut these and planned to grill them.....

So I rubbed with olive oil and S&P and put them in a dry skillet, then pour a 'tasting size' glass of white wine to finish them off. Many, tasty little buggers!!!! I'm gladd the plant is loaded.

[Image: July15first8ballzucc_zpseb038d89.jpg]

[Image: July15sauteeingfirst8ballzucc_zpse185f9e3.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/15/13?? by cjs (Well, I damn near bu...)
Did you grill bacon recently? That same thing happened to us the other day! LOL! Actually, it has happened often enough, I don't flip out any more!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/15/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (Did you grill bacon ...)
No, I learned my lesson with bacon!!! Now I've got to go clean the darn thing.
www.achefsjourney.com