Saturday's Dinner, 8/31/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

We're going to see The Butler today and have dinner at a local restaurant we haven't been to in years.

Getting my ribs out of the freezer for Monday. Must review the salad thread for some ideas for a side.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/31/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Don't know yet. Ron went to the meat store with Heather to do some shopping. So, we'll see what he comes home with.

Have fun at the show Jean. Can't wait to hear how you liked it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/31/13?? by Mare749 (Don't know yet. Ron ...)
I'll be anxious to hear the movie review, also.

I will be doing the coke brined chicken with corn on the cob and green beans. The kids are here, so I wanted something simple for maximum deck time....supposed to be a glorious day!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/31/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'll be anxious to h...)
I'm doing my Bday dinner! So many ingredients to choose from, and such a simple but delicious fare it will be
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/31/13?? by DFen911 (I'm doing my Bday di...)
Change of plans - the folks we were going with had to postpone and I have to smoke my chicken and I have smoked trout to play with and I don't want to freeze it.

So, we're staying in today...... I read the book tho, and thoroughly enjoyed hearing of his time in the White House - God, the history that man was in the middle of. Just amazing and to be just a fly on the wall!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/31/13?? by cjs (Change of plans - th...)
We''re having pasta with a grilled gazpacho sauce and some grilled sausage. I'm hoping the rain stays away, but the clouds are starting to look ominous. I guess summer is ending the way it started around here!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/31/13?? by karyn (We''re having pasta ...)
Baby backs, corn, potatoes.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/31/13?? by Trixxee (Baby backs, corn, po...)
Change of plans....kiddos won't be here until tomorrow, so I'm saving the vegetarian option. We're having cheese, crackers, salami, beer (for John) and wine (for me)!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/31/13?? by Trixxee (Baby backs, corn, po...)
Here, we do have SOME of the Lee Kum Kee line of Asian products, but not the Black-Bean Garlic Sauce, so when I saw that in the supermarket in Guatemala, I picked up a couple of jars of it. Tonight I'm just going to make a quick stir-fry of some chicken and veggies in that sauce and toss it all together with some chow-mein noodles.

YUM! Haven't had black-bean sauce in years.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/31/13?? by labradors (Here, we do have SOM...)
What a lucky find, Labs. I like to do Shrimp in Black Bean sauce sometimes.

Well, Ron came home with western style ribs, so he's been smoking them on the grill and will be bringing them in shortly. I made the maque choux recipe from the Cuisine Grilling book. Wowie!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."