Monday's Dinner, 10/28/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today for everyone??

Not sure here, have a huge batch of Deva's chili, so may play with doing something with it?? Chili dogs? Chli burgers? Anyone have any clever ideas??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/28/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Chili burrito? Chili Mac n' Cheese? Cincinnati Chili?

Tonight's dinner couldn't be any easier, Tacos.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/28/13?? by losblanos1 (Chili burrito? Chili...)
We have lots of left overs froze some for travel and kept some for tonight. Quiet time for Derek and I
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/28/13?? by losblanos1 (Chili burrito? Chili...)
Leftover roasted chicken dinner and sides. Getting a lot of mileage out of this .79 cents a pound bird.

I think I might have to add "old school tacos" to the menu soon. You're right Blane - easy.
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/28/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Tourtiere (filling) without the crust, stuffed into finger rolls and served with fresh bread and butter pickles.

Finally a slower week at work. Who knows, though, what event orders will come in tomorrow. I enjoyed the slower pace today.

P
PJ
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/28/13?? by pjcooks (Tourtiere (filling) ...)
Well,most will know what Roy Richard opted for......chili dog

PJ, you're going to town with your slower pace!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/28/13?? by cjs (Well,most will know ...)
Yes, it's been a pleasure to come home from work today and instead of sifting through emails and new work orders for hours, I was able to come home and cook. Of course, I don't get enough of that all day Nice.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/28/13?? by pjcooks (Yes, it's been a ple...)
I'm so happy for you, PJ!

BBQ chicken, corn on the cob, and green beans is dinner tonight.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/28/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm so happy for you...)
My doctor friend occasionally asks for recipes relating to dishes he's had at restaurants, in the past, or other such things.

A while back, he had asked about the steak at Steak & Ale. Although I had eaten at Steak & Ale a few times, I had never had this particular steak dish. I found a couple of things via Google and the one he decided sound the closest to the flavour he remembered was this recipe for Steak & Ale Meat Marinade.

Well, about a week ago, he emailed to say that he was ready to try it, so he gave me the money, the next time I was over there and I put it together and marinated a pair of rib eyes (once in a while it IS possible to get better meat hear) in it last night and then cooked them at his house this afternoon.

It was delicious. Of course, I had no basis for comparison, but he said it was pretty close and that the original may have been a little tangier (probably because pineapple juice here tends to be sweeter since we get the pineapples REALLY fresh and ripe.

Either way, it's a definite keeper.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/28/13?? by labradors (My doctor friend occ...)
Hmmm, I have something similar from a cook in Las Vegas years ago....and we loved it. I'll be trying this one.
www.achefsjourney.com