Austin Rain/Allison & Eric
  Re: (...)
Just talked to Bill and he probably won't be coming on the forum this a.m. So, I'll act as the town crier...............

Eric (Allison's brother) was flooded out of his 1st floor apt., but not high enough to do damage to his things. He has to be moved tho.

Allison is on the 2nd floor so is fine. Mom & Dad are on their way to Austin today and will spend the weekend there with the kids AND celebrating their anniversary on Sunday.

That's it, all I know.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Austin Rain/Allison & Eric by cjs (Just talked to Bill ...)
Sorry I didn't check in. Jean covered it pretty well. We are staying in a residence Inn and Eric may sack out on the pull out bed while he re locates. They got about 12 inches of rain, we got about 4 and the drought may be broken!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Austin Rain/Allison & Eric by Old Bay (Sorry I didn't check...)
Oooops, I figured you'd be too busy to check in Bill - but, glad you did.

Just remember when "Washington Calls" answer - I have so much info for you, my man.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Austin Rain/Allison & Eric by cjs (Oooops, I figured yo...)
When I saw the report this morning, I worried they'd been affected! Glad to here everyone is okay! Sad to hear Eric has to move, but it's good his belongings are okay! Hoping all will be well soon!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Austin Rain/Allison & Eric by Gourmet_Mom (When I saw the repor...)
Yikes! Hope you can get things dry.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Austin Rain/Allison & Eric by Old Bay (Sorry I didn't check...)
Oh Geez Bill! I don't know what to say. A foot of rain??!! Incredible.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.