T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/8/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today for everyone?

We're invited to a dinner party tomorrow night, so I'm testing out an alligator 'meatball' with 3 sauces. I love making appies like this.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/8/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We're babysitting tonight, so it will be pizza and movie night.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/8/13?? by Mare749 (We're babysitting to...)
I am leaning towards hamburgers. But I want something different on it. Maybe a mushroom swiss burger on a kaiser roll.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/8/13?? by Trixxee (I am leaning towards...)
It's CA's B'day today and she requested Planked salmon with grape Gastrique and potato confit, asparagus. That Swiss burger sounds so good.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/8/13?? by losblanos1 (It's CA's B'day toda...)
Happy Birthday to 'CA'!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/8/13?? by cjs (Happy Birthday to 'C...)
Have a batch of chili on the stove with the first spice dump complete. 2 more dumps and it's dinner time. I haven't done a good tomato based chili in forever. It's suppose to be around 35 tonight, so the fire is started as well.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/8/13?? by DFen911 (Have a batch of chil...)
Denise that Chile sounds so good. Everything sounds wonderful. Happy birthday CA!

We are having the porchetta tacos tonight. I think I'll play with some white beans to kind of meld the Mexican and Italian. I blew it and got yellow corn tortillas - but they are our preferred tortillas. I've got to get a new press.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/8/13?? by Harborwitch (Denise that Chile so...)
It's a C@H Recipe and Derek and I give it a 10+. Issue # 13. They have 2 different types of chili. I did the steak chili, but used ground hamburger instead. Plus I added 2 cans of beans. (No comments about beans in chili ) I also added 1 onion diced before I browned the meat. Doing 4 separate spice dumps really, really makes the flavor so rich!