Tuesday's Dinner, 3/11/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm trying a couple of new dishes today - One-Pan Mexican Quinoa that I saw on Pinterest.

And, I have the 'scraps' from my papaya (Sat.'s dessert) and I was looking for ideas. Came across Grilled Shrimp with Papaya Mustard. The description says it's good over tuna, crab, scallops and even hot dogs.

I'll try it with grilled shrimp
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 3/11/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Also trying something new. A while back I bought Michael Symon's Five in Five cookbook (every recipe uses 5 fresh ingredients). Tonight I'm trying the chicken peanut satay but I won't fiddle with the sticks - just grilled boneless thighs. The five ingredients are peanut butter, soy sauce, orange zest, fresh orange juice, diced japaleno. I guess the cilantro I'll garnish with makes it 6 ingredients. Well, 7 if you count the chicken.

Steamed rice and grilled vegetables or steamed carrots with it.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 3/11/14?? by Trixxee (Also trying somethin...)
Those both sound really good, Trixxee and Jean!

We're grilling again. Tonight it's the chipotle chicken kebabs with avocado cream that I made a while back. I'll serve them with Spanish rice and grilled asparagus.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 3/11/14?? by karyn (Those both sound rea...)
Another day that everything sounds so good!

We're having gyro burgers tonight with a side of grilled eggplant.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 3/11/14?? by Mare749 (Another day that eve...)
Everything does sound good. I made that Chipotle chicken kebob recipe (thanks for the link Karyn), they're really delicious.

Beautiful day here, lots of sunshine so I'll be grilling also. Tonight it's Cobb Salad Quesadillas, Trixxee made this a week or so ago and it looked really good.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 3/11/14?? by losblanos1 (Everything does soun...)
Such creative meals! I'm so impressed. I started out with an attempt to get on the deck quickly. I had all the ingredients for Chicken Piccata, brown rice pasta, and blanched asparagus to roast. That was dinner, but an early dinner was not in the cards.

Aleana has a really nice ski boat that was housed at her former boss's lake house. It was supposedly winterized and stored in his garage. NOT! After launching it Sunday and discovering a problem, we pulled it out today. At first, we thought the plug meant to keep it from messing up the engine did it's job. Not so much. The engine is toast! The kids are devastated.

Newlywed bliss continues to allude them.

The Picatta and Brown rice pasta was really good! My 99 cent asparagus continues to please!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 3/11/14?? by losblanos1 (Everything does soun...)
Grilled Korean style beef (hanger steak), rice & stir fried broccoli. We've still got to rub some corned briskets and a pork butt for the smoker tomorrow so an easy dinner was in order.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!