Thursday's Dinner, May 1, '14??
  Re: (...)
May Day! May Day! What's on the menu for everyone today?

I'm grilling salmon and having couscous. and, apricot pie! Our bathroom is so torn up, but the first coat of the bottom paint (dark blue)is looking really nice. Today, hopefully we'll get the top half done with the lighter blue.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, May 1, '14?? by cjs (May Day! May Day! [i...)
Record breaking heat here still so am thinking of something light - curried chicken salad (and I'm using canned chicken). Don't judge!
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, May 1, '14?? by Trixxee (Record breaking heat...)
It's a steak and salad night. Hoping to grill if it's not raining again.

Trixxee, how hot is it? After such an extreme winter, I'm concerned that it's going to be a really hot summer.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, May 1, '14?? by Mare749 (It's a steak and sal...)
Maryann - mid to upper 90's, and should peak at 100 today. But at least we have A/C. Many people near the beach do not and it has also been 95 there (very unusual). My sister is one of those people and she's dying.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, May 1, '14?? by Trixxee (Maryann - mid to upp...)
Well, scratch the darn salmon - it must have walked out of the freezer and I was sure I had some.

Grabbed a pkg. of crockpot burritos to help clean out - not the right kind of food for this beautiful weather, tho.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, May 1, '14?? by cjs (Well, scratch the da...)
Tonight I'm grilling up Carolina skewer 'cues, jasmine rice and asparagus.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, May 1, '14?? by cjs (Well, scratch the da...)
Quote:

it must have walked out of the freezer

He found 3 salmon fillets in the freezer this morning, are they yours??
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, May 1, '14?? by Lorraine ( [blockquote]Quote:[...)
For Christ's sake - give 'em back.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, May 1, '14?? by cjs (For Christ's sake - ...)
The last month of school of school is hard this year!! Tonight, we're grilling pork tenderloin, serving it with a grilled salsa, zucchini, and Mexican rice. I'm going to try to re-engage in cooking and keeping up with y'all!
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, May 1, '14?? by karyn (The last month of sc...)
Karyn, you are a better woman than I.

Lorraine, that's not nice to steal Jean's salmon! Give it back! ROFLOL!

I had Beer Brats and corn on the cob....no greens. I'll make up for it when William gets home. Better than last night when I only had wings. A disastrous night that was!!!!! Last night made the last few weeks of school seem like a cake walk!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.