Saturday's Dinner, 5/17/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

Burgers here!

Today is the Preakness race, right, Trixxee???
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/17/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Leaving Reno in 2 hours and hope to hit Vegas. Having a tire snafu so have to get that worked out before we go. So once again not sure about dinner. I hope we make it to Sedona!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/17/14?? by DFen911 (Leaving Reno in 2 ho...)
Safe travels, Denise!

We have theater tickets for Jersey Boys, so we are doing that and having dinner with my in-laws at a local steakhouse.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/17/14?? by Mare749 (Safe travels, Denise...)
Ooooooooohhhhh....ooooooohhhhhh...

I don't think I'll ever be hungry again after last night. We topped off dinner with Bananas Fosters. Omg. Too. Much. Food.

But if we do manage to get hungry again pizza will be on the menu.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/17/14?? by BarbaraS (Ooooooooohhhhh....oo...)
Yes Jean - I almost have butterflies in my stomach. So much pressure for CC to win. And if he does- fantastic. If he doesn't-still love him and his story.

Finally making the flank steak pinwheels stuffed with goat cheese, fresh basil, sundried tomatoes and roasted red peppers. The side the recipe called for was parmesan grits but I don't know if I'm going to attempt two new recipes on Preakness Day. LOL. No doubt we will have a couple of cocktails this afternoon.

I might just make some mashed potatoes with goat cheese (if there is any leftover) and chives. Maybe sauteed spinach.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/17/14?? by Trixxee (Yes Jean - I almost ...)
I'm not sure yet. But whatever it is, it will have to be worked around the race.

I was going to post this in a seperated thread, but decided to post it here. I was watching The Kitchen a while ago, and they were sharing new foods. The first one sounded amazing! I'm wondering if any of you have ever tried it? It's called Nduja . Plopping it on pizza sounded wonderful!

The other item was BrusselKale . Fascinating!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/17/14?? by Trixxee (Yes Jean - I almost ...)
I think I am going to reprise the Hayashi Stew. It's so rich and comforting. It's a short day for me (noon to 4:30) but it's going to be hectic - 97 golfers for a tournament.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/17/14?? by Harborwitch (I think I am going t...)
great weather, too, huh Sharon??

Daphne, I'm going to have to reread these two things.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/17/14?? by cjs (great weather, too, ...)
The kids wanted to grill steaks, sooooo...potatoes and onions are sliced and ready and salad is made. Now I get to relax on the deck with a book and a glass of wine!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/17/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (The kids wanted to g...)
Everything sounds so good today.

I'm making the mac n' cheese recipe that Karyn posted a couple of days ago.