The time has come...
  Re: (...)
Haven't wanted to say very much until the time was pretty close, but my non-participation in the "birthday" dinner, etc. has been due to my be very busy getting ready to move back to the States.

A number of different factors have been making it more difficult, expensive and dangerous to stay here while, at the same time, my opportunities for being useful have diminished.

Also, although my mom is doing okay since my father's passing, I do wish to help her, as well.

Finally, since there wasn't any simple way to earn an income in Honduras, I need to get back to the States to be able to work for pay again.

Thus, although I do still love it here, I am preparing for my return trip to the U.S. next Tuesday,

I still have a lot of packing and cleaning up to do and only a few days more to do it, so please pray that I'll be able to get everything packed for travelling and/or shipping, get the apartment cleaned for moving out and not have any problems with Mimosa, my stuff or anything else at any of the airports along the way.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: The time has come... by labradors (Haven't wanted to sa...)
Wow and I thought our next chapter is exciting! All good luck with the move and arrangements, Labs.

Bet your mom is excited.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: The time has come... by cjs (Wow and I thought ou...)
I know you loved living there, but you have to do what you have to do (we are learning that also). Best of luck in your travels.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: The time has come... by Lorraine (I know you loved liv...)
Best of luck with your move, Labs! I hope you keep in touch when you can during this busy time.
  Re: Re: The time has come... by karyn (Best of luck with yo...)
Sending you super safe travel thoughts, Labs. And welcome back to America!
  Re: Re: The time has come... by Trixxee (Sending you super sa...)
Safe travels. Hope everything goes smoothly moving back, can't imagine packing up a household, dog, and all to move out of a country.

We will all be waiting to hear that you are safe back home!
  Re: Re: The time has come... by iBcookin (Safe travels. Hope e...)
Keep in touch along the way.
We will hope to hear all about your new beginnings
Safe travels
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: The time has come... by mjkcooking (Keep in touch along ...)
Godspeed Rob!
  Re: Re: The time has come... by losblanos1 (Godspeed Rob!...)
Rob,

I wish you well in your travels and hope everything goes smoothly. Care to tell us which part of the U.S. you're relocating to?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: The time has come... by BarbaraS (Rob,[br][br]I wish y...)
Godspeed, my friend! You'll be in my prayers!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.