Thursday's Dinner, 5/22/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?? Wow, was the forum quiet yesterday....

I'm sure grilling in this beautiful weather - 80s!!!!! Flanken strips (as they are now known as, I guess. We always called them Hawaiian Beef Strips ) and we brought home our fries & onion rings from getting burgers last night. Going nowehere today, just vegging out!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 5/22/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We might actually get a thunderstorm. That's unusual for this time of year. Grilling anyway - grilled chicken sandwiches topped with bacon and avocado. I think I'm going to put a creole mustard bbq sauce on mine. Frozen steak fries on the side.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 5/22/14?? by Trixxee (We might actually ge...)
We'll be on the road today heading to CA to see my folks. The fire here in Sedona is getting worse and our park is filled with smoke. So hard to breathe so packing our stuff now and getting out of town.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 5/22/14?? by DFen911 (We'll be on the road...)
Oh Denise, what a shame! Hope the rest of your trip gets better. Are the fires contained?

Dinner tonight will be at a Thai restaurant. My childhood girlfriends are taking me out for my 60th birthday. Should be lots of fun. I have parties straight through till Monday!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 5/22/14?? by Mare749 (Oh Denise, what a sh...)
What a bummer Denise.

Tonight it's banana bread pancakes and sausage.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 5/22/14?? by losblanos1 (What a bummer Denise...)
I hope I can stretch out mine as long as you are again, Maryann!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 5/22/14?? by cjs (I hope I can stretch...)
I'm so sorry you're Arizona leg of the trip is "smoked" Denise, it's going to be a long smokey summer I'm afraid.

Stretch that Birthday out as long as you can Maryann! 60 is a big one!

I have no idea what we're having . . . I have some leftovers that I think I can re-purpose into something. We're back to no functional oven again - the last tech pulled it apart and didn't even bother to put it back together correctly so we can't use it at all. There's another tech coming today . . .Of course he won't have parts so it'll be another week to get the parts and then another week to get the "tech" back out. Not happy.

I'm thinking of a grilled Iraqi spiced chicken. I did it last summer and we loved it. I have a quinoa and brown rice with red pepper blend and stuff for a salad. It will depend on how long my kitchen is dismantled.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 5/22/14?? by Harborwitch (I'm so sorry you're ...)
That is a bummer Denise I was thinking about you today.

We are having Chicken Vindaloo over rice with Roasted Cashews and Cilantro. I am going to try my hand at making Naan on the grill to go with it.

Fingers crossed, I am not good at bread dough. Hoping it more like pizza dough
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 5/22/14?? by luvnit (That is a bummer Den...)
And the celebration continues for Maryann! Enjoy every minute!!

Denise, please stay safe! Those fires are really dangerous and scary.

Tonight we tried a new (to us) pizza recipe from Bon Apetite. It is a really good pizza and if I had ordered it in a restaurant I would have been really happy with it, but I have recipes we enjoy more. It's really interesting to feel this way about my own cooking, y'know?
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 5/22/14?? by karyn (And the celebration ...)
What a shame, Denose! I hope the trip improves!

Way to go, Maryann! Enjoy it as long as you can!

Good luck with the naan, Laura!

I love when that happens, Karyn!

On the way home, I was thinking about dinner. I discarded burgers since the gas ran out last night. I wanted a cool salad type thing like I had last night. Then it hit me....Taco Salad! And I had everything I needed! YUM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.