Wednesday's Dinner, 6/18/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Tonight is the first of the last get-together dinners. Dining room set is gone, so we'll gather around he island....and that's o.k., too.

I'm making an old, old family favorite (from 1993) - Seafood Enchiladas with Spicy Green Sauce, roasted asparagus, 18 hour bread and drunken root beer floats. Simple, easy and fun.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/18/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
That sounds so good, Jean. Have a wonderful time!

I haven't decided on dinner just yet but am thinking about pizza and salad for tonight.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/18/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm doing a green Thai curry tonight with chicken, prawns and a ton of tasty vegetables. It's an absolute favouite with us and so quick to throw together
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/18/14?? by Sammi (I'm doing a green Th...)
Well, hello Sammi!! Great to see a new face in the neighborhood. We all so hope you'll stick around and get to know all of us.

Tell us a little about yourself.... by the way, green Thai curry sounds very good!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/18/14?? by Sammi (I'm doing a green Th...)
Welcome to the forum Sammi.

Tonight it's Chile Colorado tacos and Mexican rice.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/18/14?? by losblanos1 (Welcome to the forum...)
Hi Sammi and welcome to the boards! Gosh I haven't had a good curry in years. And I think with prawns it would be a perfect dish. I think I'm going to have to add this to my menu for this week.

No clue what I'm going to cook here, I have some leftover roast chicken, might do pizza with it.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/18/14?? by DFen911 (Hi Sammi and welcome...)
Lunch is the main food event today. Michael and I are going out, just the two of us, to a new sushi/teppanyaki type of place. I want to try out a couple of hand rolls: spicy tuna, salmon skin and and a soft shell crab roll. I might throw in baked mussels or some type of fresh oysters.

Dinner is leftover assorted bbq stuff from this place.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/brew-hawg-bbq-an...-co-orange
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/18/14?? by Trixxee (Lunch is the main fo...)
Sounds good, Trixxee. Must be something in the air because I've had a taste for seafood today. So, picked up some nice big shrimp to put on the grill and we'll have fresh broccoli and jasmine rice. We will probably baste the shrimp with sriracha and and garlic butter.

Welcome to the forum, Sammi! Hope you stick around and get acquainted with everyone. We all love to cook and share recipes, so jump right in!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/18/14?? by Mare749 (Sounds good, Trixxee...)
Hi Sammi! Welcome aboard!!!

Have fun, Jean!!!

Trixxee, that sounds like a good time! I've been craving sushi myself, lately.

I haven't decided on dinner yet. I'm hungry already, so I guess I better hurry up and decide.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/18/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Hi Sammi! Welcome a...)
Welcome Sammi! Everything sounds so good today.

We're doing a Thai chicken salad for dinner. If we like it, I'll post the link.

ETA: The salad was a definite winner! I posted it in the summer salad thread.