Wednesday's Dinner, 6/25/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

refrigerator clean out today. We sure had a good tortilla pizza with the 'clean out' last night.

Dibs & Dabs Pizza -
fontina & Jack cheese
Burrito fried potatoes
taco sauce
Jalapenos
Parm
Pepper/oil drizzle
[Image: June24TortillaPizza1_zps19d9fc62.jpg]

and topped with the last of the Asian pear salsa. so darn good.
[Image: June24TortillaPizza2_zps88a622d0.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/25/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Looks so good!!!

I had hoped to make it to town to get groceries, so I could make Blane's review dinner. But I forgot our contractor is supposed to come today to start work on some remodeling and touch ups. I'll check and see if the local grocery has what I need. If so, that will be dinner. If not, I haven't a clue.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/25/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Looks so good!!![br]...)
It's Derek's birthday today so making him grilled hotdogs for lunch and lobster mac and cheese for dinner
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/25/14?? by DFen911 (It's Derek's birthda...)
Happy Birthday, Derek! Yummy sounding meals coming your way!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/25/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Happy Birthday, Dere...)
Happy Birthday to Derek.

We are having butternut squash agnolotti with two homemade sauces - alfredo and marinara. Garlic bread on the side with a salad.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/25/14?? by Trixxee (Happy Birthday to De...)
Hey, Happy Birthday big guy!! But couldn't you have waited until Friday for your b'day???????????????????????????? lSmile

Didn't have to scrounge too much for today's dinner. Great sounding chicken wing idea on about.com newsletter today -

Spicy Peanut Chicken Wings SOON

These juicy, delicious chicken wings are tossed with a spicy peanut sauce, then they're served with more sauce on the side for dipping. Use a spicy chili garlic paste or chili paste in these wings, such as a sambal, and feel free to adjust the amount if you like more or less heat. about.com 6/25/14
Prep Time: 15 minutes - Cook Time: 40 minutes - Total Time: 55 minutes - Yield: Makes About 3 to 4 Dozen Pieces

3/4 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup light or dark brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup water
3 Tbs rice vinegar
2 Tbs low sodium soy sauce
4 tsp spicy chili paste, such as sambal
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp finely minced garlic
3 lbs chicken wings
3 Tbs vegetable oil

3 Tbs hot sauce, such as Frank's or Texas Pete
chopped peanuts, optional

1. Cut wing tips off and discard. Cut the wings at the joint.

2. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the peanut butter, brown sugar, water, rice vinegar, soy sauce, chili paste, sesame oil, and garlic. Bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.

3. Heat the oven to 400° F. Line a large rimmed baking pan with foil.

4. In a large bowl, toss the chicken wings with the vegetable oil and hot sauce.

5. Arrange the wings on the prepared baking sheet.

6. Bake the wings for 20 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven. With tongs, turn all of the wings over. Return the pan to the oven and continue baking for 15 to 20 minutes longer, until nicely browned and cooked through. Juices should be clear, not pink, when the wings are thoroughly cooked.

7. Transfer the cooked wings to a large bowl and add about half of the peanut butter sauce. Toss the wings to coat with the sauce. Thin the remaining sauce, if necessary, and serve with the wings for dipping. Garnish the sauce and chicken with chopped peanuts, if desired.

8. Makes about 3 to 4 dozen pieces, depending on the size of the wings.

----------
Had everything including some frost-covered wings in the freezer. Just made the peanut sauce and it's delicious.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/25/14?? by cjs (Hey, Happy Birthday ...)
Happy birthday to Derek! I hope he has a great one.

Jean, those wings sound delicious!

We're having Cobb Salad tonight. John loves salad during the summer.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/25/14?? by karyn (Happy birthday to De...)
Happy Birthday, Derek! Hope you have a wonderful day.

Dinner tonight is stuffed peppers. Had too many in the freezer and the weather is bad today, so it works.

Jean, that wing recipe looks good. Let us know. Copied!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/25/14?? by karyn (Happy birthday to De...)
That pizza really looks good.

Happy B'day to Derek.

We're having rosemary chicken with corn on the cob.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/25/14?? by DFen911 (It's Derek's birthda...)
Happy Birthday Derek!

Jean those wings sound really good - going on the menu soon!

Tonight is Philly Style Garlicy Greens & Egg sandwiches from the Chopped Cookbook that Jeff got me. I think I'll stuff and bake some peppers to go with.

Bob picked a bunch of raspberries yesterday so I riffed on the Pioneer Woman's Raspberry Crumble. Instead of vanilla extrac I used peanut butter. It smells so good. Now off to stuff peppers and steam the broccoli rabe.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!