Ideas For You, But Not For Me....
  Re: (...)
This is right up my alley, but no way for a while.

Smoked Ice Cream

Sharon, Denise, I don't think Laura, you have a smoker, do you??????????

P.S. And, another thing....

12 things to do with a wooden spoon

Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Ideas For You, But Not For Me.... by cjs (This is right up my ...)
Bless your heart, Jean. Couldn't you do it on a smaller scale, maybe? Love the spoon ideas!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Ideas For You, But Not For Me.... by Gourmet_Mom (Bless your heart, Je...)
We'll have to see how proficient I become trailer cooking.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Ideas For You, But Not For Me.... by cjs (We'll have to see ho...)
I am saving this site to my Pinterest. You could do a lot of things with smoked cream. Imagine potato soup using the smoked cream also
  Re: Re: Ideas For You, But Not For Me.... by DFen911 (I am saving this sit...)
yes!! doesn't that sound good!! Go forward young lady and keep excellent notes!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Ideas For You, But Not For Me.... by cjs (This is right up my ...)
Thanks for sharing that Jean. Our smoker is always with us. I am hoping to try that soon, along with the smoked honey.

Jennifer said the wooden spoon does prevent boil overs.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Ideas For You, But Not For Me.... by Harborwitch (Thanks for sharing t...)
I loved doing the smoked honey!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Ideas For You, But Not For Me.... by cjs (I loved doing the sm...)
Didn't you do an ice cream with it? I think I have the recipe. I saw a really clever idea for a "smoker" that would work in an RV but didn't file the info because we have ours.
  Re: Re: Ideas For You, But Not For Me.... by Harborwitch (Didn't you do an ice...)
Duh...yes, I made it!!
Smoked Honey Ice Cream

I do have a small triangular chip holder that I can use in the trailer grill. But the problem is with only 1 continuous burner I have to jerry-rig bricks, etc. to keep the product far enough away from the heat source. So, I'm very limited in what I try to smoke on the road.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Ideas For You, But Not For Me.... by cjs (Duh...yes, I made it...)
That sucks. I hope I can find the idea - it was something that could even be done on a small cooktop (not a smokebox).