Monday's Dinner, 7/28/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today?

Uncle Wallace's Buttermilk pancakes, bacon and bubbly here to start the day. Leftovers later.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/28/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
It actually turned cool and rainy here, so I'm thinking of making some kind of soup, but that could change later. I still have not gone through past issues or done much in the way of menu planning, so am making that a goal for the week.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/28/14?? by Mare749 (It actually turned c...)
Struggling to figure it out. I have to clean the fridge, but I also have to go to the grocery store.

I WANT Chile Colorado Burritos...

I think I'll just clean out the fridge and see what happens first.

Do you ever just have to clean out the fridge and toss practically everything! Start with a clean slate? That's what I feel like.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/28/14?? by luvnit (Struggling to figure...)
those are usually my pizzas.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/28/14?? by cjs (those are usually my...)
And then there are times I like a clean slate.

I think I have a package of goat cheese calling my name. Add some ripe cherry tomatoes from the deck...you know where I'm going here, right?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/28/14?? by cjs (those are usually my...)
I planned last weeks and this weeks menu based on what's in the fridge/freezer, so far it's really paid off, I spent only $148.00 on this weeks groceries. Tonight's dinner is baked blueberry French toast because I had frozen blueberries and sausage in the freezer.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/28/14?? by luvnit (Struggling to figure...)
I think I have to do that . . . it will be Wednesday though. Almost a clean slate time.

Dinner tonight is going to involve some BBQ'ed sockeye salmon from last night and cream cheese . . . perhaps a salmon rangoon? Salad & "snackies". I've got two more LOOOONNNNGGGGG days and it's going to be hot.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/28/14?? by Harborwitch (I think I have to do...)
Not quite sure, I think we're gonna head into Eugene today. And if that's the case I think we'll do a late lunch/early dinner at Papa's Soul Food for their fried chicken
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/28/14?? by DFen911 (Not quite sure, I th...)
Okay, grocery shopping changed my mind. Bought some Italian sausage, so we're having spaghetti tonight and a tossed green salad.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/28/14?? by Mare749 (Okay, grocery shoppi...)
Oh my, what a nice day this has been - this is what I woke up to
[Image: July28SunriseinSandpoint_zpse81bb6e1.jpg]
and after lolling around and opening some bubbly - Wallace's pancakes
[Image: July28WallacesHotcakecooking_zps88ca8bbf.jpg]
[URL=http://s3.photobucket.com/user/cjdacook/media/COOKING%20PICTURES%202014/July28WallacesHotcakes_zpsa97cc5f4.jpg.html][Image: July28WallacesHotcakes_zpsa97cc5f4.jpg][/URL
www.achefsjourney.com