T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/26/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for all today??

Leftover day here - potato, steak, pesto sq. fry up mess and later one more Victory Bun to finish up the can of spam. I was going to do something different, but these were too tasty.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/26/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu ...)
We'll have to try those, Jean. I buy spam once in a while but we only ever do one thing with it, so time to switch it up.

Dinner tonight will be out with the in-laws, so no cooking for me.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/26/14?? by Mare749 (We'll have to try th...)
Pumpkin ravioli with alfredo sauce, garnished with crispy bacon and parsley (not a sage fan), butter lettuce salad and a fresh baguette.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/26/14?? by Trixxee (Pumpkin ravioli with...)
"Pumpkin ravioli with alfredo sauce, garnished with crispy bacon and parsley (not a sage fan), butter lettuce salad and a fresh baguette." vs. "Spam"

DUH.......
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/26/14?? by cjs ("Pumpkin ravioli wit...)
LOL Jean. What I am craving is a Nathan's dog with bacon, cole slaw and bleu cheese (have never tried bleu cheese on a dog but I guess that's what they served at Dodger Stadium the other night for Tommy Lasorda's 80th birthday and I can't get the combo out of my head.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/26/14?? by Trixxee (LOL Jean. What I am...)
My sweet tech guy is coming to check out our hard disc on Peter's computer---and of course he schedules the time for around dinner....single guy, ya know.

Fried chicken, corn on the cob, cole slaw and garlic bread (his favorite!!!).

Peter's levels are back down to a reasonable level----the problem??? Chinese spicy pork dish (has soy sauce--UGH!!!) and the night before was the strawberries with a balsamic glaze.......still experimenting
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/26/14?? by Roxanne 21 (My sweet tech guy is...)
Short ribs with a mushroom ragu on creamy polenta.

Cool and foggy here and that just sounded tasty. I do want to do Nashville Hot Fried Chicken this week, but the recipe calls for 8 TBS cayenne pepper. I think I'll cut that down to just 2.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/26/14?? by DFen911 (Short ribs with a mu...)
I'm in too much pain to do much. Slept wrong and right shoulder is killing me! Add that to the back pain, and I'm one pained puppy! I think my sciatic nerve is starting to act up. Not good.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/26/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm in too much pain...)
Oh Daphne I am sorry to hear this Can you get to a chiropractor? Does it help if you go? I sure hope you get to feeling better soon!!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/26/14?? by DFen911 (Oh Daphne I am sorry...)
Daphne - I hope you feel better soon! I'm nursing a stress fracture in my left foot from 4 weeks ago. I don't want a cast and since it's on the 2nd metatarsal, there's really no need.

Hubby's having a calzone from Wegmans, I'm having the Chicken Croquettes with Garlic Mashed Potatoes from Bobby Chez's.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.