Cake from a rotisserie?
  Re: (...)
On each episode of The Great British Bake Off, they do a short segment about the history of some kind of baked goods.

For the most recent episode, they presented one of the most curious things I've ever seen: the German Baumkuchen - a tree of a cake that is cooked on a rotisserie.

Although I can't post that video, HERE is a YouTube video that shows it.

Just when you think you've seen everything!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Cake from a rotisserie? by labradors (On each episode of [...)
That is AMAZING! I was mesmerized!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Cake from a rotisserie? by Gourmet_Mom (That is AMAZING! I ...)
The way the batter is spooned on, the resulting cake has lots of thin layers when sliced. Just amazing and fascinating.
  Re: Re: Cake from a rotisserie? by labradors (The way the batter i...)
I so wish I could try that right now. What an incredible way of doing that. when it shows the slices going thru the chocolate you can see all the little layers.

I'd very curious to know why this method of cooking cake was started. Seems like it's a time old tradition. And I'm also wondering about the flavor being cooked over an open flame and the sugars caramelizing.

Just fascinating!
  Re: Re: Cake from a rotisserie? by DFen911 (I so wish I could tr...)
Denise, I found a recipe online that creates a similar affect. It's done in a springform pan. It wouldn't be the exact same, but similar. I just googled Baumkuchen.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Cake from a rotisserie? by Gourmet_Mom (Denise, I found a re...)
I also love how when he cut it into round sections it just slid off the tube. Arg I want to try this
  Re: Re: Cake from a rotisserie? by DFen911 (I also love how when...)
Maybe THIS could help.
  Re: Re: Cake from a rotisserie? by labradors (Maybe [url=http://yo...)
Ok after all the math and details I'd rather travel and try one authentic. Who's willing to donate to the cause and a detailed review?
  Re: Re: Cake from a rotisserie? by DFen911 (Ok after all the mat...)
Wow, that is something. I'm racking my brain to remember something similar I saw a long time ago in a Cuisine magazine (maybe the 70s or 80s) - the pictures are similar.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com