Sunday Dinner, 10/5/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I finally have pizza dough!! - and lots of leftovers from our dinner last night. Time to get my Leftovers book out and check pork dishes.

Today's travel day - 2 weeks in Branson, MO I'm so excited. No dinners out planned, just see shows have fun cooking some southern food while we're settled in.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/5/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
No idea just yet. We have kids volleyball games to attend this afternoon, so may just have sandwiches later.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/5/14?? by Mare749 (No idea just yet. We...)
Tony is making a big batch of meat sauce AND meatballs and spaghetti.

Already thinking of meatball sandwiches for tomorrow's dinner.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/5/14?? by Trixxee (Tony is making a big...)
After getting sidetracked last night, back to the French Onion Salisbury Steak or Lasagna Soup dilemma!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/5/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Today is a work day . . . and it's football day. I am fortunate - we have leftovers for forever so that'll be dinner.

While at work Bob is going to come down so we can start getting the walk in in the restaurant cleaned out. The restaurant manager has had some severe life issues and has decided that being with her husband is more important than anything else. Soooooooo we get to deal with it.

Giggle - the kitchen is mine for the winter! Jeff and I are going to make pasta - especially the raviolio with the egg yolk. Wheeeee.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/5/14?? by Harborwitch (Today is a work day ...)
Sorry to hear about the health problems, but WHOOOOOPPPPIEEEE Have fun this winter, that's for sure.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/5/14?? by cjs (Sorry to hear about ...)
I am also sorry for whatever your friend is going through, Sharon. But, so happy for you that you will have the use of the kitchen all winter. What fun! Do you still have golfers in the winter? Not sure what kind of weather you get.

We're back home so having a cup of corn chowder and cold chicken sandwiches.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/5/14?? by Harborwitch (Today is a work day ...)
Quote:

Giggle - the kitchen is mine for the winter! Jeff and I are going to make pasta - especially the raviolio with the egg yolk. Wheeeee.

This made me smile! Unbridled joy came to mind.

I never did make the ropa vieja last night and it's way too nice out to have stew today, so tonight it's pizza and a movie. CA is making a Hawaiian and I'm making an antipasto.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/5/14?? by losblanos1 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
What movie??
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/5/14?? by cjs (What movie??...)
We'll check out Comcast, Amazon prime and Netflix. I'm sure we'll find something. Tomorrow it's Monday night football and Chinese food. Go Hawks!!