Monday's Dinner, 10/6/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

I have a fridge full of leftovers, so I'm going to be quite boring for the next few days!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/6/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We're having chili. Ron's been waiting for this and since it's his first day back to work in two weeks, it seemed like a good idea. He usually likes a good (meat store) hotdog with it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/6/14?? by Mare749 (We're having chili. ...)
Chinese tonight, House special chow mein.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/6/14?? by losblanos1 (Chinese tonight, Hou...)
Chicken and black bean tacos. That goat cheese chicken is never going to get made.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/6/14?? by Trixxee (Chicken and black be...)
Well, I'm experimenting with my old Sourdough pizza recipe (from the pizza book) - I started it Saturday and couldn't get to it yesterday, so worked with it today. Don't know how it's going to taste, but it was a dream to work with.....another mistake that turns golden????

Topping will be simple - meat from my K.C. ribs, green onions, have some garlic butter left from the bread so guess I'll slather the dough with it and some kind of cheese that I can find.

It's been a heck of a long time since I've made pizza! And checking to see how many pictures I have of the pizzas in the pizza book (working on transforming to an ebook) versus not a picture - have 16/have no pix 19. Got a ways to go

Sorry for rambling, got started and didn't have the sense to stop.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/6/14?? by cjs (Well, I'm experiment...)
PIZZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am lusting for PIZZA!!!!!!!!!!!! I am doing a garlic shrimp with avocado salad and a bit of corn on the cob.

Jean, I adore rambling!!!!!!!!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/6/14?? by Roxanne 21 (PIZZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...)
Ahh, thank you, Roxanne.

another mistake that turns golden????
YES!! This was pure gold.

For anyone who has the pizza book (oh heck, or not - I'll post it), and if you've tried the Sourdoug pizza crust, you might join me in this mistake. Allow it to 'sour' for 2 days rather than 1.

I'm going to post the recipe on its own thread.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/6/14?? by cjs (Ahh, thank you, Roxa...)
I love your rambling, too!

Blane, I have yet to make that!!! Post a picture again to nudge me to make it! Saturday, maybe?

We are having the French Onion Salisbury Steak recipe I've been craving since Blane posted a picture of it last week!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.