Wednesday's Dinner, 10/8/14??
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/8/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Leftover Italian style short ribs, polenta, and sauteed zucchini. I wanted to do a dessert course - but not tonight. Bob and I had to go down and clean out the walk in, do a cr@p load of dishes, and clean up messes left by the manager when she left. I still have a ton of dishes to do tomorrow. Good thing the health inspector isn't coming.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/8/14?? by Harborwitch (Leftover Italian sty...)
Hope you tried rinsing the curds, Blane - can't see a problem with doing that.

If anyone loves onions that way we do, I sure hope you'll give the grilled onions method a try that I learned from one of our neighbors. Best I've ever tasted and we had them again yesterday with the steak and couscous salad. So good.

[Image: Oct7Grilledoniondinner_zps62706e23.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/8/14?? by cjs (Hope you tried rinsi...)
- Butternut squash fettuccine - haven't had squash all summer, ready to have this one!

Karyn & Daphne - you both work too hard. I just sigh and thank my stars I'm finally past that.

Sharon - you'll have the place spic and span in no time!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/8/14?? by cjs ( - Butternut squash ...)
The butternut squash pasta was delicious and even Ron liked it. Of course, I had some hot Italian sausage to go with it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/8/14?? by Mare749 (The butternut squash...)
Thanks Karyn, they rinsed off perfect, but they didn't squeak when we ate them, they melted under the hot sauce. We loved the recipe and it's now in our rotation. I think fresh mozzarella would work if you can't find the curd.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/8/14?? by losblanos1 (Thanks Karyn, they r...)
HORRORS, Blane.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/8/14?? by cjs (HORRORS, Blane. [im...)
Seriously, Jean!!!! Twenty four hours later, I'm relaxing a bit after prepping my pot pie and doing damage control in the kitchen. I'll have to admit, I did go back in last night and straightened up a bit. I knew I wouldn't sleep well if I didn't.

They scraped out the chili pot.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/8/14?? by cjs (HORRORS, Blane. [im...)
Blane, my guess is any mild, melting cheese would work. I think the squeak might only happen with fresh, cold curds, but it sure is fun!